The Best of Luck Tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Salander

Re: The Best of Luck Tomorrow

Post by Salander »

So glad yesterday went smoothly enough, dd says exam was harder than Queen Mary's, not at all easy and struggled to complete all the maths and non-verbal reasoning. There were girls coming out saying how easy they found it which has convinced my dd that she has won't get the grade required.
Hey ho it's over now but this next month of waiting will be tough!
Good luck all x
zha

Post by zha »

My DS took the exam at BV yesterday. He is the last of three DCs who were all home tutored... so it's finally over for me. DS said the exam was easier than the Walsall one but still difficult, especially the Maths. We "just" have to wait 6 weeks now :)

A special thanks to KenR for all the useful information and guidance he has provided on this forum. It has helped me a lot over the past few years.
amrit bhogal

Post by amrit bhogal »

Salander wrote:So glad yesterday went smoothly enough, dd says exam was harder than Queen Mary's, not at all easy and struggled to complete all the maths and non-verbal reasoning. There were girls coming out saying how easy they found it which has convinced my dd that she has won't get the grade required.
Hey ho it's over now but this next month of waiting will be tough!
Good luck all x
oh,my daughter said it was easier than QM walsall :? .i think we just have to wait for the results now
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

It seems that mostly the maths component seems to decide whether the exam was difficult or not.

Each child will have a different perspective on the exam from which it would be difficult, in most cases, to deduce much. Some may have found it easy because they were expecting to be harder; some may have found it harder as they were hoping that it contained some elements of what they had learnt but found little in comparison but may have actually worked methodically and systematically using those very elements to work out the answer which may have taken a little longer hence they may have thought it was harder, especially with the time constraints imposed on these type of questions.

Anyway, I for one, having been through this before, will just hope they understood the question, attempted it as best that they could from the grounding that they have had. It's best not to assume anything at this stage and keep it neutral.

DIY Mum, I admire what you have achieved with DC 1 to 4 - I'm sure DC 5 will make you proud too. You've been a great contributor to this site and have posted very informative posts from your many years of experience.....may you continue offering those words of wisdom. Wishing you and DC 5 the very best.

Thanks

Elbart
MSD

Post by MSD »

All the best to parents and children waiting for the results. DIY mum, I am sure your boy will come out with flying colours. All the best!

MSD
Mums23

Post by Mums23 »

Hi,
When do we know the results?
Thank you
sasa

Post by sasa »

It's been a busy weekend, so not had a moment to comment on how DD2 felt the exam until now.

DD2 had a bit of a wobble as she went she went into the exam (put right with a cuddle and deep breath). Thankfully she looked happier coming out than going in - but that might just have been relief that it was over! I hope her confidence in the test having gone 'ok' hasn't been misplaced.

She said parts were harder than some of the things she'd practiced, but other bits were easier than she'd expected. I deliberately haven't quizzed her too much on what came up on the maths in case she realises she's made a massive error interpreting a question (or more) and gets into a tizz.

We had a lovely night on Saturday, 'celebrating' the end of the 11+ with other friends who'd done it too. Then yesterday was DD1s birthday with lots of family fun.

All in all, it's been a 'good' weekend, and there's nothing more we can do now than wait.

I keep having to remember that it's not so much how our DC have done that counts, but how they've done compared with everyone else!!!

I hope that with the kids back to school today they don't spend too long comparing notes with friends who also sat the exam!!

It's been good to read how everyone else felt - lets hope our DC get the results they want when they're sent out in October.
Last edited by sasa on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Mums23 wrote:When do we know the results?
They will be posted on Friday 18th October.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Hi

On Sunday I heard from a friend whose DD started KECHG last week - that although letters are sent out on a certain Friday, you might not receive them until the Monday.

Is it more realistic to expect to receive the result letter on Monday the 21st of Oct, rather than Friday the 18th?