QM results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sweetlymead

Re: QM results day

Post by sweetlymead »

DS scored 321 .Might just get in ? Another long wait until March now !!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Sensible decision to give standardised scores as the rankings were somewhat confusing.
Good luck to those still waiting.
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

My nephew got 321..hopefully he will be ok. Still waiting on our postman :?:
goodmanj

Post by goodmanj »

I need some serious help! DD has scored 348, so I'm presuming this must mean we should apply for a place? However, we live just outside of the area & she has also sat an exam for Birmingham, but results are not due for another month & she found the Bham test harder. If I do not apply for walsall & then she does not achieve a high enough score for Brum I would kick myself. I'm also pretty sure the walsall pref forms have to be completed before & separately to Brum? Any help would be most hugely appreciated.
indigop

Post by indigop »

Well we entered DD as she wanted to try the eleven plus. She had not a smudge of tutoring and has come away with 323 which is above the lowest score offered last year. Does this mean realistically that she stands a good chance of a place at QMHS. Are there any past lowest scores offered available for the school as there is for the Birmingham consortium?

Good luck to everyone waiting for your results. We are over the moon for DD whether she gets a place of not - we think its a fantastic achievement.
Tara4

Post by Tara4 »

DS has scored 270
Hope he has scored better in the bham exam as he had much more practise after the QM exam and managed to answer all the questions.

All the best to all parents and children!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

goodmanj wrote:I need some serious help! DD has scored 348, so I'm presuming this must mean we should apply for a place? However, we live just outside of the area & she has also sat an exam for Birmingham, but results are not due for another month & she found the Bham test harder. If I do not apply for walsall & then she does not achieve a high enough score for Brum I would kick myself. I'm also pretty sure the walsall pref forms have to be completed before & separately to Brum? Any help would be most hugely appreciated.

Congratulations on the results! You will have the results of both before you complete the CAF form. You only complete one CAF form and it is the one for the LEA you live in.

When you get the Birmingham results you can decide what your preference is - you could put a Birmingham school first and if the score is not high enough then the preference would be discounted and the next school on your list would be considered.

By putting Walsall second or third does not mean you have less chance than putting it first...
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

Goodmanj, it is very simple. Your daughter is likely to get a place. It does not matter if she also gets good score for Birmingham school. Just put schools in order you would like your child to go. Simple as that. If she does not get her first choice is does not matter. She will automatically be just as eligible for her second choice...as long as she got good results of course. Just cos someone else puts that school as first choice that you put as second, it does not give them an advantage.
goodmanj

Post by goodmanj »

OK, I think I understand?! But just to be sure, if my Daughter gets a score for the Brum exam that is lower than last years lowest entry - should I then put Walsall as the first choice? I'm new to this & so confused! I'm a lot happier now you guys have confirmed I only need to complete one CAF form, at least now any choices that need to be made can all happen at the same time!
iw1234

Post by iw1234 »

Cross posted on another thread:

Postman just arrived and DS got a score of 381 - trying to decipher the content of the letter - states that scores in this year's exam ranged from 185 to 420 and that last year the lowest score for a pupil to be admitted was 318.

Can anyone explain this in plain English!? I assume he has a good chance of attending Queen Mary's if we wanted him to?

We want him to go to KECH or KEA in any case but Queen Mary's Grammar in Walsall would be a back up.