QM results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AK loving Dad

Re: QM results day

Post by AK loving Dad »

Hello all, My DS got 344. I assume he will get in?
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Hi all. After a few moments thinking that my boy's score was a ranking and that he was the wrong side of last year's scores, I worked out that they were using a different system this year. Phew. So it looks like his 330 score will be okay for QMGS since last year's lowest scoring place was at 318 and the overall scores have only risen by 5 marks. I hope. But I guess it all depends on this year's Bell curve... It's harder to gauge for QMGS than KE because of the lack of historical data.

Does anyone know how many took the exam this year compared to last?
kumarsAt42

Post by kumarsAt42 »

My DS got 381/420...Proud parent :)
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

My DS has got 373 :) really pleased as it takes off the pressure for bham exam, if he doesn't do well in the bham exam we will be going for QM.
school cynic

Post by school cynic »

DS got 311, he's absolutely gutted. DD got 363, so hopefully she'll be ok. She's been so good at refraining from being happy for herself. This also means my twins will be at separate schools.
VeeKayEmm

Post by VeeKayEmm »

DD got 355/400 :? . Wonder she stands a chance to get a place in QMGS?

I have to admit that I applied for the exams just three days before the exam date and informed her about the exams later that evening I got back home. She initially refused to appear, buy I convinced.

Oh I forgot to state that we live in Warwickshire. Will she get a place?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

goodmanj wrote:OK, I think I understand?! But just to be sure, if my Daughter gets a score for the Brum exam that is lower than last years lowest entry - should I then put Walsall as the first choice? I'm new to this & so confused! I'm a lot happier now you guys have confirmed I only need to complete one CAF form, at least now any choices that need to be made can all happen at the same time!
You can still put a Brum school first if you think she may have a chance with the score, you really won't know until the allocations and you might find you are kicking yourself if she could have got in. There is nothing to be lost in putting the Brum school first and the Walsall school second.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

VeeKayEmm wrote:DD got 355/400 :? . Wonder she stands a chance to get a place in QMGS?

I have to admit that I applied for the exams just three days before the exam date and informed her about the exams later that evening I got back home. She initially refused to appear, buy I convinced.

Oh I forgot to state that we live in Warwickshire. Will she get a place?
VeeKayEmm -= he is some info from another thread about the scores:

The final score offered last year for QMHS (Girls) was 314.

The final score offered last year for QMGS (Boys) was 318.

To clarify; if your child's score was well above these cut-off points you have an almost certain chance of entry.

If your child's score was at or slightly below the cut-off point above you have a chance and can do no harm by placing it on your Local Authority form. However it is usually the case that final scores-in rise slightly over the years rather than drop. Still, we cannot tell at this stage.

The schools do not know where you have placed them on the form; if your child is eligible through their score to gain entry, they will, unless you gain entry at a higher-preference school first.
You will need to put the school on your LEA's CAF form to be offered a place
VeeKayEmm

Post by VeeKayEmm »

Thnanjks very much Hermanmunster for your swift reply
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

For anyone that is new and confused, list all schools that your child has even the smallest but realistic chance to get in.
Then simply list them in preferred order on your lea form.
Lea will just go in order and stop until you qualify for a school and offer you place there.
This is why all grammar schools urge you to put them first if that is where you wanna go.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now