Incorrect name of my child on results letter!!!?????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rayla

Incorrect name of my child on results letter!!!?????

Post by rayla »

Hi All,

I am in desperate need of some advice. My d's result letter came from Wolve and QM today. My adress detail were correct yet my daughters name was incorrect on the Wolves one but correct on QM. I am obviously going tocall them to clarify on Monday. But meanwhile can't believe that they can make such a mistake given the emphasis on our pooor children when performing in these test and the attention to detail that is expected.

Do I ignore the result which is looking like not having a place or should I think that they have made a mistake on everything including name and result.

Has this ever happened to anyone before?

I am now faced with a wait until Monday and a continued miserable and anxious weekend aswell.

Must say Im not impressed... :x
Kingfisher

Re: INCORRECT NAME OF MY CHILD ON RESULTS LETTER!!!?????

Post by Kingfisher »

Don't get worked up. Call them on Monday to sort it out. What else can you do? It appears there is some sort of data inputting error - for whatever reason - I don't know. People make errors. There are several in your own posting. Keep calm and deal with it.
um

Post by um »

Was it a completely different name or were there spelling errors in the name?
rayla

Post by rayla »

Kingfisher. I did think to add a note at end of my post that plz excuse my errors as I have a fault on my keyboard keys. But then I thought not to as didnt think anyone would be sad enough to nit pick at spelling errors. And secondly yes whilst humans make errors and I certainly have in my post now and originally. However I dont work in admissions of a top grammar school.

Um. The first name of my child was completley incorrect dint even begin with same letter buy surname was correct.

I will be doing the obvious as kindly pointed out by kingfisher but thought to post on forum inase other were in same boat.

Kingfisher. See how many spelling, punctuation and grammar errors you can spot in this one now.

P.s sending from mobile phone this time. :mrgreen:
um

Post by um »

If the first name is completely incorrect there could be a chance that this is not the correct result. Again, only a phone call can confirm this.

When my ds2 sat the Birmingham exam a few years ago, and they were about to start the paper after the break, he realised when asked to check the front, that he did not have the correct paper.
The surname was the same and the first name was very similar to his but it wasn't his. Fortunately at the same time, the other boy realised he had my son's paper and the invigilator swapped them before the test started. Fortunately they're both now at KECH anyway :)

I think this is one of the pitfalls of putting children in alphabetical order as for relatively common surnames there could be a number of children together and there is even the risk of having children with exactly the same first name and surname in the same room.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Kingfisher :roll:

Rayla, check your original letters.. was the name correctly spelt there? Our name was correct, but the name of our road was totally wrong, which coincidently DS spotted right away.. perhaps QM should take him on anyway, he would be an excellent proof reader :lol:
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

What is important is that the score is the same in both then there is a good chance the score is correct and Wolverhampton made a mistake.

Definitely check to alleviate doubts
rayla

Post by rayla »

Um. Name on original letters were correct.

Funky monkey there are 2 different scores on the results letters. QM has a different one and Wolves a diff one..its A 37 point difference.

Will keep u posted with outcome from wolverhampton admissions.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

rayla wrote:Um. Name on original letters were correct.

Funky monkey there are 2 different scores on the results letters. QM has a different one and Wolves a diff one..its A 37 point difference.

Will keep u posted with outcome from wolverhampton admissions.
:shock: that is indeed nerve wracking!!! Is the higher score enough for one of the schools?
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

Rayla, I really feel for you. Elongates the agony. I hope you get it sorted on Monday with a satisfactory result. Best of luck. I suspect the one with the correct name is the true score.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now