Anyone from Wolverhampton going to Adam's Grammar?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wolves mum

Anyone from Wolverhampton going to Adam's Grammar?

Post by Wolves mum »

Just wondering if anyone's decided to go to AG?
They have an open week at the end of the month and the boys are welcome to attend.
Happy dad

Re: Anyone from Wolverhampton going to Adam's Grammar?

Post by Happy dad »

Yes, planning to go morning of Friday 4 October.
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

Yeah, will be there Monday. Will be different to last year knowing we have a great chance of getting in. Look forward to getting bus info. Got an old prospectus and it says buses went from Richmond Road and Oddfellows back then. Hopefully still the same as we will be inbetween the two.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Still says that on the website. Now three routes for Wolverhampton which cover Compton, Perton and Brewood areas but no pick ups in the City Centre which is a shame. I guess the best one for south of the city is Richmond Road bus stop.
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

If we end up going there, if anyone is agreeable and happy to, once we have met at some future date, we could maybe agree arrangements for pickups following after school activities given that parents need to pick their own kids up once the buses have left. I do not know if there is some forum or mechanism that the school provides in this regard.
Anyway, I am in danger of jumping the gun, so will leave that till a later date.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Funkymonkey that sounds like a good idea. Please feel free to contact me once places are confirmed.
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Hi all just to confirm the 3 bus routes from Wolverhampton are still as per the web site.
Route 1 Compton/Cosford
Route 2 Tettenhall/Perton/ Albrighton
Route 3 Aldersley/ Codsall/Brewood/Bishopswood
Rukuriro

Post by Rukuriro »

Congratulations y'all for your DS who did very well.
My DS got 245 for the Adams test and I was absolutely crushed. We are now waiting for the Birmingham results. As for Adams transport here is the link with details of pick up and drop off times.
http://www.adamsgs.org.uk/index.phtml?d=533037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

FunkyMonkey wrote:If we end up going there, if anyone is agreeable and happy to, once we have met at some future date, we could maybe agree arrangements for pickups following after school activities given that parents need to pick their own kids up once the buses have left. I do not know if there is some forum or mechanism that the school provides in this regard.
Anyway, I am in danger of jumping the gun, so will leave that till a later date.

If ds2 goes, would be very agreeable especially if other parents live south of the city. After school activities can become burdensome if you live miles away - as we are finding with ds1 at KEFW. I know some who use the Green Bus who are banned from after school activities - seems rather harsh.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now