Centro Withdrawing Green Bus Subsidy for 2013/14

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
orianagirl

Re: Centro Withdrawing Green Bus Subsidy for 2013/14

Post by orianagirl »

Moseleymum

I have just heard from someone who attends the school concerned that the 2 girls involved have been suspended. There is also another girl in year 7 that has also been suspended from the school for theft!
:|
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Oh dear, what an awful start to the year for the pupils and families concerned :( . I hope the boy is ok.

The school have taken appropriate and swift action but I wouldn't want to be in their parents' position 3 weeks into school.
UmSusu
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

You are making a big assumption in thinking the parents may not side with their daughters on this matter. One poster stated the girls may have been provoked
um

Post by um »

Being verbally provoked certainly wouldn't justify attacking someone. By the age of 11 you'd presume children should have learned that.

If the boy had made inappropriate comments the girls should have made a complaint to KE Aston who I'm sure would have investigated and dealt with it.

As I'm considering KE Handsworth for my dd, I'm very relieved that the girls in question have been suspended.
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

Um

I believe that representatives from KE Aston, KE Handsworth and The Green Bus company had a meeting with the pupils (and I am sure parents) involved first thing on the day following the incident. The incident was dealt with very seriously and obviously the appropriate action was taken.

I have to agree that whatever the boy may have said nothing can excuse resorting to violence (especially on a bus when it may endanger the safety of everyone on board due to the distraction caused to the driver). I understand that the boy was repeatedly beaten over the head with a shoe ( the girls must have realised this would cause some kind of injury.)
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Agree there's no excuse for violence. My own DD is the same age and I can't imagine it. All the Year 7 girls I have met so far are so timid so early on in the first term of a new school. It's really shocking.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now