Queen Mary's High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hopefuldad7

Re: Queen Mary's High School

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Hi guys,

I got the 297 from another thread. It was mentioned by Peter5. Really sorry if this is incorrect and not accurate. It is not my intention to confuse anyone. I am just trying to work it all out like the rest of you..

If anyone else could shed some light, please do..

Thanks
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

indigop - The school presumably had the test scores of the ranked candidates. So they gave the scores (highest, lowest, lowest to gain a place) from last year, not the ranking. According to posters on this forum the lowest score to gain a place (318) was ranked 340 for QMGS. I'm not sure about QMHS.
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Turtlegirl wrote:indigop - The school presumably had the test scores of the ranked candidates. So they gave the scores (highest, lowest, lowest to gain a place) from last year, not the ranking. According to posters on this forum the lowest score to gain a place (318) was ranked 340 for QMGS. I'm not sure about QMHS.

In our letter it states that the lowest entry score for QMHS was 314 last year.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

There would have effectively been a cutoff score last year, but it was hidden from sight by the results only being given as rankings. So a cutoff at rank x would have related to a score of y. Only we don't know what that was.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

If you look at the KE thread http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =11&t=7148 you can compare QMGS and QMHS scores from last year with the KE standardised scores. If you look at the scores in red, where the lowest admitted score averaged between 2 or 3 papers is shown it is quite interesting.

The lowest admitted QMGS score, for instance, last year was 318, which equates to a score per paper of 106 (=318/3). This is a little lower than the KE schools last year (KECHB was 120, KEH'worth was 108), but (for example) the same as Bishop Vesey a couple of years ago. You can also see the year on year rises of the score per paper has never been more than 3 points, so a rise of 9 points on a 3 paper marked exam. If the rise is four points per paper for QMGS my son (on 330) may just squeak a place. But more normally the standardised (not absolute) score has risen by 1-2 marks, and sometimes gone down by as much.
peter5

Post by peter5 »

Hopefuldad7 wrote:Hi guys,

I got the 297 from another thread. It was mentioned by Peter5. Really sorry if this is incorrect and not accurate. It is not my intention to confuse anyone. I am just trying to work it all out like the rest of you..

If anyone else could shed some light, please do..

Thanks
Sorry that you were confused ,the 297 was ranking and I think the last ranked to gain a place was over
300 in the end .People with same score can have a different rank when things like distance from school is considered .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now