Results and the impact on your child.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wolves mum

Results and the impact on your child.

Post by Wolves mum »

My DS did ok in his exam. One of his Peers didn't get the score needed. When his friend's mum rang me for info on applying to other schools I helped her as much as I could. I told DS not to get big headed about his score as it was not a guaranteed result etc etc.

His friend has been picking on him at school this week and I cant help but feel its over the results as they have never had issues before. Just wondering if anyone else's child has experienced negative behaviour from their peers. Or even if people have teased their child about their score.
hermanmunster

Re: Results and the impact on your child.

Post by hermanmunster »

yep personally teased and got at 40+ years ago but I got over it and realised that it was the other kids problem not mine and their way of coping with how they felt..
esam99

Post by esam99 »

I told my DD not to disclose any information whether she has met the required scores to enter in both schools (WGHS & QMHS), as I feared she may become a target by other children. Again, I agree, she has not got into any school yet, and anything could happen in between now & Sept 2014.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Wolves mum wrote:My DS did ok in his exam. One of his Peers didn't get the score needed. When his friend's mum rang me for info on applying to other schools I helped her as much as I could. I told DS not to get big headed about his score as it was not a guaranteed result etc etc.

His friend has been picking on him at school this week and I cant help but feel its over the results as they have never had issues before. Just wondering if anyone else's child has experienced negative behaviour from their peers. Or even if people have teased their child about their score.
Unfortunately it is a competitive environment and not everyone can come out "winners", but it is always sad when someone reacts to bad news by having a go at others. Last year my son was the only one in his class who got even took the exam never mind get offered a place so there was no issue. This year is different as ds2 is one of five in the class. With three of them there is no problem but I can see one maybe presenting some issues. If they arise we will deal with it but would prefer if it all just moved along without issue.

But Both of them were told go in and tell the teacher how they got on and other children if asked.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Not from other kids - but I got it in a cross-generational way from my mother who seemed to take great pleasure in telling everyone she could that I "hadn't got in" to grammar school - omitting to mention that this was because the year I would have taken the exam was the one they scrapped it in our area and went comprehensive. When this was pointed out to her by someone she even told them that the junior school had wanted me to take the 11+ a year early (which was true, but she didn't also say that she'd refused this option). :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now