Getting angry!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brum Mum

Re: Getting angry!

Post by Brum Mum »

I was under the impression that late sitters sat the same test - may be wrong :|
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Usually it's the same test (in Buckinghamshire the same test is sat up until July).
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thegodfather wrote:Some info was up for two days. I don't want to say the website because there is still information available that may aid others on this site/late sitters.
That is correct - some information was published for around 48 hours until a threat of legal action forced the site's proprietor to remove it.
When someone can tell me that the sick tests have happened I will name and shame!
Please don't, for two reasons. One, it gives the website concerned the oxygen of publicity, and two, the site name/link is blocked on here.
um

Post by um »

It is the same test.

I certainly wasn't aware of this and it is bad news. You are rightly angry.
Quite a few children will sit the test late, due to being ill or having religious reasons not to take the test on Saturday. I am sure the majority of these will not have made an attempt to find out the exam content, and have every need to take a late exam, but if this information was published on the internet, that would have potentially prejudiced the fairness of the exam for everybody.

At the end of the day, it is also the case that if a child just can't make the 11 Plus, it won't make a great deal of difference if they have some information beforehand or not. If they were borderline, it could make a difference, though.

If I were you I would make a direct complaint to the various consortia about this website, which is clearly not properly managed and should be held accountable for publishing the information.

I should also note that, to be fair, the majority of tutors will seek feedback in order to evaluate and improve their teaching, and would be scrupulous enough to never pass this on to a late sitter.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Thegodfather, could you pm me the website details so that I can make a complaint?

Many thanks

p.s. thanks for letting us know about it - it could have a big impact on us in Warwickshire where DC's took the Birmingham test first.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Also, thanks Um for the information.
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Thegodfather wrote:Some info was up for two days. I don't want to say the website because there is still information available that may aid others on this site/late sitters.
That is correct - some information was published for around 48 hours until a threat of legal action forced the site's proprietor to remove it.
When someone can tell me that the sick tests have happened I will name and shame!
Please don't, for two reasons. One, it gives the website concerned the oxygen of publicity, and two, the site name/link is blocked on here.
Fair enough my lips are sealed!
indigop

Post by indigop »

the kegs test was the same test for everyone.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I happened to come across this website and saw the 'summary' of this years test (we're taking test next year so it didn't directly affect us) and I would say to folks out there NOT to worry. There was VERY little you could glean from it except 'there were x amount of synonyms' and 'y amount of comprehension questions.' I think we all know that these tests contain synonyms and a comprehension! There was really nothing specific and I doubt ANY late sitter would have benefitted from it. So you can all rest assured. :D
girl-friday

Post by girl-friday »

Hi,
Could you let me know the website?
I know that the later sitters have already taken their test as I know of a girl who did not sit the first Newport test and has since had her standardised score reply. Does this invalidate the original test!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now