extra info

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moseleymum

Re: extra info

Post by moseleymum »

UmSusu wrote:I see, thanks Bob and AK.

Yes, cut-off scores would drop in that case. This is going to make it even more difficult for those near the borderline scores.
If cut off scores fall, those in (previously thought) borderline cases would make the score, surely? Of course there would be a "new" borderline, lower than the existing one, with scores that people would have realised weren't sufficient anyway?

It's always hard for borderline cases, but as we saw last year, there's movement even late on. Scores lower than 240 were eventually admitted into CHB last year, weren't they?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... s+2012+CHB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

You are right mm, they would drop and CHB and Aston (and others too I am sure) went on to offer places to those below the cut-offs. What I meant was that although those on borderline scores might feel more hopeful with this in mind, they will still be in limbo for some time to come, and those who are just below the borderline will now have their hopes raised when previously they might have decided they wouldn't stand a chance.
i.e. more people in limbo!

Your way of seeing things is more positive though: there is now more hope for more people :D
UmSusu
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

"Limbo" is always a stressful place to be, you don't really know what's going to happen until that email/letter on March 1st :( .

In any case, those with hope must put their preferences in the order that they want the schools, rather than assume they can't make the score, especially when there's such confusion about number of places and change in cut-off scores. That's all you can do.
80's girl

Post by 80's girl »

I have just found the note the lady from camphill referred to dropped on the floor in my haste of opening the letter :oops: Basically it reiterates what she said to me I guess we will know very soon where any new places will be, I would guess at next week with an announcement on the grammar school website.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Does anyone know when the last increase in PAN was for any of the KE consortium schools and for which school?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Spoke to KE admissions today - there is a VERY good chance that there will be an increase in PAN for next year - didn't say which schools - but decision is imminent (will be on http://www.kingedwardthesixth.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the very near future so stay tuned folks) :D
This should give some hope to those scores which are just below last year's cut-offs (I don't want to raise peoples' hopes though but it's looking very optimistic).
Maybe we should all start phoning the admissions department & enquiring about this & build some momentum so they can't turn their back on this great idea. Their number is, to remind you, 472 1147 - be discrete though. :wink: :wink:
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Bob1892 wrote:Spoke to KE admissions today - there is a VERY good chance that there will be an increase in PAN for next year - didn't say which schools - but decision is imminent (will be on http://www.kingedwardthesixth.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the very near future so stay tuned folks) :D
This should give some hope to those scores which are just below last year's cut-offs (I don't want to raise peoples' hopes though but it's looking very optimistic).
Maybe we should all start phoning the admissions department & enquiring about this & build some momentum so they can't turn their back on this great idea. Their number is, to remind you, 472 1147 - be discrete though. :wink: :wink:
I think I forgot to mention that I heard today that the KE foundation will definitely be expanding in some of the schools for next year. This is from someone who works for the foundation so (I hope) should be close to the truth as possible - all will be revealed very soon :)
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

As I posted on the other thread, this kind of decision is a matter for individual schools, not the Foundation. I recommend NOT jamming the Foundation's phone lines up at a busy time of year for a matter over which they have no control. Bother the heads if anyone.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now