120 places increased in camphill boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Thegodfather

Re: 120 places increased in camphill boys

Post by Thegodfather »

The biggest change in QS is likely to be in the most competitive schools because less children would of achieved that score, few scoring 240 in the first place. The QS at the less competitive schools will change less because 20-30 children score say 215 because its closer to the mean. Thats why the biggest fluctuations happen in the most competitive schools and the others are more consistent .
indigop

Post by indigop »

You say that but Sutton Girls increased by six points last year? I would say that is one of the less competitive schools.
CuriousDuo

Post by CuriousDuo »

Newbie again-How do people find out where they were ranked or how many people are on a particular score.P.s I personally think the score will go down to 335 at the most but good luck to everybody.
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

indigop wrote:You say that but Sutton Girls increased by six points last year? I would say that is one of the less competitive schools.
Can't comment on that. Just saying with reference to KE foundation schools and increased pan that is what I would predict ie the figure for camp hill will fluctuate more than handsworth and aston. There was also a 6 point rise in camphill boys qs last year!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

To summarise the situation across Birmingham:
Aston (Boys) will increase to 120 (was 104)
Camp Hill Boys will increase to 120 (was 93)
Five Ways (mixed) will increase to 180 (was 150)
Camp Hill Girls will increase to 150 (was 120)
Handsworth (Girls) will increase to 160 (was 128)
Handsworth (Boys) stays at 150
Bishop Vesey (Boys) will increase to 128 (was 124)
Sutton Coldfield (Girls) stays at 150

Totals: Boys 518 (+47), Girls 460 (+62), mixed 180 (+30)
Overall 1157 (+139)

****edited to add 4 extra places at BV to the summary****
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Sooo pleased about this! I've been a little worried that DS2 is only 2 points above Aston's last year cut-off. This gives me hope that's he's safe!

As for you KECH lot, the more that get in, the merrier! I'm sure the scores will filter down to the rest of the schools.... Surely the scores shouldn't go up now?!!!! :?:
CuriousDuo

Post by CuriousDuo »

reeyah wrote:Sooo pleased about this! I've been a little worried that DS2 is only 2 points above Aston's last year cut-off. This gives me hope that's he's safe!

As for you KECH lot, the more that get in, the merrier! I'm sure the scores will filter down to the rest of the schools.... Surely the scores shouldn't go up now?!!!! :?:
I hope!And I really hope your son gets in!!!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

CuriousDuo wrote:
reeyah wrote:Sooo pleased about this! I've been a little worried that DS2 is only 2 points above Aston's last year cut-off. This gives me hope that's he's safe!

I hope!And I really hope your son gets in!!!

Thank u CuriousDuo.... Wishing you the same .. I'm not sure what your situation is, I'll go back and check :D
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

My son scored 220, which I doubt will be no where near enough for CH (gutting as we live a 4 minute walk away) he's 7 points off last years FW cut off score. Do you think it would be crazy to get my hopes up for him achieving enough to get in there with these extra places? Also do Five Ways take equal number of girls and boys? Or is it the highest point scoring child no matter what the gender?
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Highest score regardless of gender. KEFW is predominantly male - my son is in Y7 and has 4 girls in his form.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now