Who took the Adams grammar/QMS exam but as a mock for Brum?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CuriousDuo

Re: Who took the Adams grammar/QMS exam but as a mock for Br

Post by CuriousDuo »

I wouldn't worry too much Wolves mum I think the cut off for Adams will stay at around 315 as last year they ranked down to 150 so you will definitely get a place.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

CuriousDuo Thanks so much for the reassurance.
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Where does 315 come from?
CuriousDuo

Post by CuriousDuo »

Oh sorry for not explaining it clearly. The 315 is just a very bad estimation to what the Adams cutoff will be due to a very large number of applicants this year.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Wouldn't the situation there be helped by the fact that all the Birmingham Grammars have increased their intake for next year ?

Will Adams and the others also increase their intake?
CuriousDuo

Post by CuriousDuo »

It would certainly help but I don't want to give out any false hope. And Adams won't be increasing their intake this year.
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

My DS did Walsall as mock for Birmingham too. Since he did well in Birmingham exam so won't be taking QMS place
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Ah thanks for that curiousduo, was dreading the fact that you had a bit of inside info and as we are at 309 that meant no hope. That said I am not hopeful as last year although Adams went down to rank 154, this was because people above that weren't putting Adams down as first preference on rank say 135 or 142 because they didn't think they stood a chance of getting one of the 97 places. In fact there were only 138 first preferences for Adams last year as people must've been thinking their rank position meant there wasn't a reasonable prospect of a place so why bother. They went down to a score of 301 last year because there were fewer applicants. This year more took the test, more letters have gone out urging people to apply than there are places, but how many more we don't know, and I suspect everyone who had the letter strongly urging them to apply will do so. I guess in the region of at least 154 letters have gone out based on last years numbers as the letters incorporate a waiting list, and that some will have used it as a mock, some will choose indies or Thomas Telford and that if the cut off is 309, then those on 309 are like last years rank 154 but this year everyone's a bit more clued up on applying after the advisory letters have gone out. Just my interpretation, I'd heard 400 letters went out for wolverhampton girls high though that seems improbably high. We aren't hopeful, put it that way though my ds wants to go to his outstanding ofsted rated local school anyway so luckily we are in a win win, I know some people aren't so lucky.
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

We are fortunate to be holding a AGS place. However, if we get into Thomas telford then we prefer that, or even WGS. Hope that helps someone. All ifs and buts until March.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Hi Funkym can I ask what it is about AGS that didn't appeal to you ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now