KES 2014 Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Turtlegirl

KES 2014 Exam

Post by Turtlegirl »

My boy is just back from the KES exam. Absolutely fine with the exam itself, but disappointed with the 'tiny bowls of overcooked pasta. And the bolognese sauce was revolting. Good thing the cookies were tasty.'

Hehehe. I'm glad he's bothered about the important things.
iw1234

Re: KES 2014 Exam

Post by iw1234 »

Glad my son decided not to bother with the KES exam in the end! Up until last week, he was saying that he would go along just for the food and felt that because I had paid the registration fee he ought to sit the exam!

Hope your son did well!
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Turtlegirl my son said the exact same about the pasta! We weren't very impressed when my son said that he was hungry :shock: he said the test was ok, the last section of the maths test was challenging and he didn't manage to finish that. At least it's not too long before we find out about KES.
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

My DS was disappointed too. He came out super hungry! He was really looking forward to letting off steam at dinner time with the activities they had talked about in the letter, i.e cricket. All he got to do was watch the Simpsons. Lol.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Yes, I think KES should tell everyone they will watch Simpsons unless it looks good enough for sport :roll: . It seems to be the same sloppy pasta dish every year too! I don't know why as their normal school lunches go down a storm with the boys.

Section C in maths is really tough. Most children either can't manage it or only attempt some parts. Overall it is a tough exam but bear in mind that they are not expected to get full marks,

At least you can all put the exams behind you now. Good luck with the waiting.
UmSusu
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

I cannot understand why KES name activities like cricket and the boys end up watching a Simpsons video instead... Our ds had been looking forward to the cricket!! Our elder ds sat the KES test 6 years ago and he loved playing cricket on the day.

Oh well at least the test is over ... Good luck to all those waiting for results.
um

Post by um »

My ds1 watched the Simpsons too - 4 years ago! Must be the same dvd!
It was very snowy at that time. The weather today wasn't bad at all though.
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Omg my DS said the same thing about the pasta that it was horrible! :D . Said something about the pitch being wet hence no cricket? He was disappointed about having to watch Simpsons ..He found VR good but last few questions of maths tough. Found the Eng creative writing challenging too. Oh well can only hope for best now..
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

My son was also very disappointed with the activities. When his older brother did it they played cricket and fives.
I sent him with a packed lunch so he was ok! He has a tendency to give things away so I sent him with extra and he did indeed give some to friends.
Sharm123

Post by Sharm123 »

Hi turtle girl, leased an you tell me if any of the KE or Birmingham grammar school have a pre test before the actual 11 plus?i am new to the area ...thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now