Possible Qualifying Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CheekyMonkey

Possible Qualifying Scores

Post by CheekyMonkey »

With the new additional class numbers for the KE schools I thought I'd post possible qualifying scores. From what the KE Foundation are indicating there seems to be a very similar size to cohort who took the exam this year and last year - maybe even very slightly less. Anyway, based on a few assumptions, i.e. similar cohort size, similar preferences, etc, this is one possible outcome:

KECHB 236
KECHG 226
KEFW 224
KEA 216
KEHG 210

For the remaining schools we could have the following movement even though they are not increasing their numbers, apart from BV, so as an educated guess we could have:

SCGSG 211
BV 212
HGB 210

I would hope that this is just for guidance and the true outcome may be totally different. Anyone else with any other possibilities ? Would be great to make comparisons.

CheekyMonkey
Last edited by CheekyMonkey on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy dad

Re: Possible Qualifying Scores

Post by Happy dad »

Would be very pleased if BV was 212 (well 211 actually as ds2 scored 212) to give him an option. The impact on QMGS will be interesting.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

I hope that's a true indicator!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I came up with something similar. I just put KEA, KEHG and BV at one point higher for the initial cut offs although I suspect they will end up at your scores after they offer from waiting lists.

Are you a betting person? :D
UmSusu
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Someone I know said that CHG offered as low as 222 last year from the waiting list.
CheekyMonkey

Post by CheekyMonkey »

Well Umsusu, how about I buy you lunch if you are closer ?

Moseleymum, do you really believe it may have come down as far as 222 for KECHG ? That's a massive 7 points.

Happydad, I have a feeling that Happyson maybe joining the BV clan ;)

Does anyone know of any movement on the waiting list for KEHGS last year ? Do know that SCGSG did go down to 213 from the waiting list.

CheekyMonkey
z-g

Post by z-g »

That's brilliant news! a bit of hope for ds1, he scored 213, he really wanted KEA as it is sooo close to us :( ....
when do we find out the actual cut off scores?
Zainab
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I am afraid that we are just speculating Zeinab - they are only approximations. No one will know until March's Allocations Day.

Good luck!
UmSusu
z-g

Post by z-g »

Yeah I know, can't wait that long UmSusu :lol: thanks.
Zainab
um

Post by um »

moseleymum wrote:Someone I know said that CHG offered as low as 222 last year from the waiting list.
I am afraid not; the foundation confirmed that the 'last score' into CHG was 229 last year but not all those on 229 gained a place.
When places were offered from the waiting list, all the 229 scorers who applied gained a place plus some (not all) of those on 228.

Also - there were 100 more applicants this year for the test. Not a big shift, but the numbers were not lower.

Interestingly, 21 girls (incl. mine) scored 231. I presume this is similar for those nearby - e.g on 230 and 232 but would guess there are more on 229, 228 etc. as these scores get slightly closer to the average.