Waiting list offers.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moseleymum

Re: Waiting list offers.

Post by moseleymum »

hermanmunster wrote:You will need to be fairly patient as people won't immediately decline places at schools - they may be waiting to hear from elsewhere or do their sums again over indie places.

There are always some places for children on the waiting list - remember that many of the children who ultimately go to KES / KEHS and other indies will have a GS place on March 3rd and will at some point turn these down ..

"Some point" can be very late in the day.

There's always a group of people who hold on to both free and indie places but who intend to go to indies as holding on to a Grammar place doesn't cost anything...except countless nights of stress for others :roll:

(Not us I might add....)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yep - can be a huge problem MM, whereas indies can require a terms fee if people don't let them know that they are declining the place at a late stage, state schools simply have no penalty to impose if people don't get on with declining the place. Hence as you say it can be very very late.
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Oh independent, makes sense now. Can't believe some people would hold onto toe places for longer than they need too. Surely once you've decided it's only fair to let the other school know ASAP so as you say, others can then get their waiting lost offer.

Thank you this had been a very educational evening lol. X
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

moseleymum wrote:Indie=Independant

Independent schools are private I.e fee paying .

And of course private schools are actually public schools, and not all fee paying schools are private, or should that be public :oops:
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
CuriousDuo wrote:The 3rd of March? I thought it was the 1st . Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Monday 3rd March 2014 is national secondary offers day, CuriousDuo. 1st is a Saturday, which is why I'm guessing its the 3rd this year - no-one at the LA to push the send button on the email system! :lol:

JD
Hey JD - Worcestershire says 1st March 2014: "Online offers will be emailed on the 1st March 2014. Offers will be issued by second class post to those applying on a paper form on 1st March 2014" - I fully expect this is an error and they will change it though. :roll:
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Birmingham says 3 March 2014. I have a feeling the KE Foundation issues details of cut off scores a day or two before this, but perhaps someone can confirm if this is correct.
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

My DS was very near the top of the waiting list for KE Aston for several weeks after
1 March this year and then he actually moved down the list due to 'late/sick tests'. After losing all hope of him being offered a place he was eventually offered a place at the end of May.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Glad to hear that he got there eventually, orianagirl! But, yes, that is an important point for the OP - your child can move up AND DOWN the waiting list of a school, due to numerous reasons - some not always obvious!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Brum Mum wrote:
JamesDean wrote:
CuriousDuo wrote:The 3rd of March? I thought it was the 1st . Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Monday 3rd March 2014 is national secondary offers day, CuriousDuo. 1st is a Saturday, which is why I'm guessing its the 3rd this year - no-one at the LA to push the send button on the email system! :lol:

JD
Hey JD - Worcestershire says 1st March 2014: "Online offers will be emailed on the 1st March 2014. Offers will be issued by second class post to those applying on a paper form on 1st March 2014" - I fully expect this is an error and they will change it though. :roll:
Hi Brum Mum! Worc staff are clearly more dedicated than those over the border in Warks .... or they haven't looked at a calendar .... ? :lol:

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

That's rather more likely JD...I'm expecting to see an update with a date change to the 3rd!