Offer day looms...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
knotmum

Re: Offer day looms...

Post by knotmum »

Is it just me or is time going really slowly right now?
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Just tried to log into the Sandwell site and got this message:

"Temporarily Out of Service

This site is temporarily offline for scheduled routine maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience, please call back soon."

I hope this means that they are uploading the info and we'll be able to get everything at midnight! *excited and optimistic face*
Tutter

Post by Tutter »

Sandwell back on line but when I try to log in just a blank page with writing down the side! This is so frustrating!
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Birmingham LEA offers are now WORKING! Hurrah (7:15 a.m. 3 March 2014)

So go to https://eadmissions.birmingham.gov.uk/prefs.php

your details should appear and at bottom child's name and a little button saying VIEW OFFER

Your school selections are listed in order of preference with things like:

Not offered
Offered
higher selection offered after them

THE WAITING IS OVER!

(for those of you following the story of little fish - she's been offered a place at our 1st choice comprehensive - we've very happy!)
z-g

Post by z-g »

My DS1 scored 213, was not offered first choice at KEA but was offered second choice HGS, still happy but KEA is so close to us, oh well, hope this helps and good luck to all!
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

z-g wrote:My DS1 scored 213, was not offered first choice at KEA but was offered second choice HGS, still happy but KEA is so close to us, oh well, hope this helps and good luck to all!
First off z-g let your DS1 know that his score (also my little fish's score) and getting into a great grammar like HGS really makes our job as parents a lot easier - little fish benefits from realising she scored well and is 'clever enough' for a grammar. It's just a case of aiming a bit higher than she could achieve on the day.

Now in terms of what I'm seeing on the 2014 allocation thread Okanagan started - as of now (10:24 a.m. 3 March 2014) KEA cut off is rumoured to be around 215 - so that means that your DS1 is only a few points out.

1) He'll be high up on the wait list (you should contact the school to find out his position)
2) remember that several offered places there may ultimately decline to go

So hang in there. Know that your DS1 is guaranteed to be off to a grammar school (HGS) but that there is a chance he may be high enough up on the wait list to get in.

My fingers are crossed for you!
Last edited by OldTrout on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

OldTrout wrote:
z-g wrote:My DS1 scored 213, was not offered first choice at KEA but was offered second choice HGS, still happy but KEA is so close to us
Now in terms of what I'm seeing on the 2014 allocation thread Okanagan started - as of now (10:24 a.m. 3 March 2014) KEA cut off is rumoured to be around 215 - so that means that your DS1 is only a few points out.

1) He'll be high up on the wait list (you should contact the school to find out his position)
2) remember that several offered places there may ultimately decline to go
KEA cutoff is 214! So very close.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now