Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:18 pm 

I was wondering if Birmingham parents had ever received a letter from Birmingham Admissions, confirming their applications?

I applied online on 17 October and received an email confirmation. This stated that my application was received and I should receive a letter; and gave a number to call if I did not.
Checking the e-admissions page, my daughter's name is there for her application with the note: 'Closed' next to it. I'm assuming that means the round of admissions is closed and going through the allocation process.

I have called them three times now asking about my postal letter of confirmation - which never arrived. The first time, I was told they had not been sent out yet and the other two times I was told not to worry as the application had gone through. Call me paranoid (or maybe I have too much experience of local councils :roll: ) but I am still worried.

I wanted to know - has anyone else received a confirmation letter in the post? And when you log in, does it say, 'Closed' next to your child's name?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:15 am 

Yep, it does say closed against it and I did receive a confirmation letter too. Don't think you should worry.

Elbart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:32 am 

Yes it does says closed. We received a letter of confirmation as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:23 am 

Yes we received a letter of confirmation after doing the online application.

Yes it does say closed on the admissions page when we log in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:20 pm 

We are Sandwell so had no letter but my friend who has applied through Birmingham has had a letter.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:28 pm 

I'm in Birmingham and received a letter. Hope you're able to chase yours up. X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 pm 

um wrote:
I was wondering if Birmingham parents had ever received a letter from Birmingham Admissions, confirming their applications?

I applied online on 17 October and received an email confirmation. This stated that my application was received and I should receive a letter; and gave a number to call if I did not.
Checking the e-admissions page, my daughter's name is there for her application with the note: 'Closed' next to it. I'm assuming that means the round of admissions is closed and going through the allocation process.

I have called them three times now asking about my postal letter of confirmation - which never arrived. The first time, I was told they had not been sent out yet and the other two times I was told not to worry as the application had gone through. Call me paranoid (or maybe I have too much experience of local councils :roll: ) but I am still worried.

I wanted to know - has anyone else received a confirmation letter in the post? And when you log in, does it say, 'Closed' next to your child's name?

Thank you.

Um, You need to chase this up tomorrow, I would have thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:27 pm 

By all means, chase it up UM, but, you have applied by email and everything sounds right on there - that is the most important thing - the letter is a piece of paper confirming what you have put in the email - the letter may not have been sent, got lost in the post etc but it doesn't change your email application. Don't let people panic you at this point!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:32 pm 

Thanks for the replies.

I had emailed them and called them 3 times and was just being 'put off' and told everything was ok.
But this morning I spoke to them on the phone and they have said they will send a letter out to me in the post today.
So hopefully I will get it and have my mind put at rest (a little bit!) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:35 pm 

Hi guys. Can I ask which 'Birmingham Admissions' are you guys talking about? My daughter will be entered for tests at Wolverhampton Consortium and Birmingham Consortium for entry in Sept2015. I thought the test registrations can be handed in by June for Wolverhampton and July for Birmingham!!!? :?