Letter from Birmingham admissions?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moseleymum

Re: Letter from Birmingham admissions?

Post by moseleymum »

Buckbeak wrote:Hi guys. Can I ask which 'Birmingham Admissions' are you guys talking about? My daughter will be entered for tests at Wolverhampton Consortium and Birmingham Consortium for entry in Sept2015. I thought the test registrations can be handed in by June for Wolverhampton and July for Birmingham!!!? :?

Test registrations are simply applications to sit the tests with the deadlines you mentioned. On application per test/Consortium.

Birmingham Admissions is the actual school local authority application. You get a place at the school by firstly applying for the test itself, then in Sep/Oct when the results are through, you have to fill in the School application for your Local Authority, which might be Birmingham, Sandwell or wherever depending on where you live.

The test registration form alone will not get you a place at the school.

If you live in Birmingham, you apply to Birmingham Admissions online/by post by a certain date and you should receive an acknowledgement that your application will be processed. That is what this thread is about.

Failure to submit the form correctly or by the deadline may result in you not getting the school you want, even if your child has sat the test and made the score required.

It is very important to understand both parts of the process to get a place. HTH!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

buckbeak, to summarise - this thread is about entry for Sept 2014 not 2015 which is what you are concerned with. Moseleymum is absolutely correct though in stating that you must apply, in June (ish) of this year 2014, to sit the 11+ in Sept (ish) of 2014 and THEN also complete an online application listing your schools in order of preference by the end of October (ish) of 2014 for 2015 entry. Apologies the (ish)'s are because I am not sure of the exact dates for each deadline!
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

I wasn't sure of the exact dates either!

Guess I should be though as Sep 2015 entry is going to be my third time though the process! :shock:
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Moseleymum and kenyancowgirl....thanks guys.....I appreciate your advice . This is the first time for us with our dd. We are just making sure we get the exam applications in on time. Sometimes you get conflicting reports from other parents in the playground about the timing for applications. Thanks for putting our minds at rest. :)
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Moseleymum and kenyancowgirl....thanks guys.....I appreciate your advice . This is the first time for us with our dd. We are just making sure we get the exam applications in on time. Sometimes you get conflicting reports from other parents in the playground about the timing for applications. Thanks for putting our minds at rest. :)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Yes...you need to watch out for the conflicting reports from parents in the playground! People get a little bit secretive and cagey through fair means and foul, around 11+ time! If in doubt check it out - either on here or through the relevant LEA website! Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now