KEHS Letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amelia

Re: KEHS Letter

Post by Amelia »

Congratulations to all and well done to your dd's in securing places at kehs!!

Bubbles44 I kind of understand your dilemma in choosing between the schools, they are both excellent schools! Our ds wasn't keen on sitting the KES exam after getting his consortium results, he also stands a good chance of gaining a place at CHB, but sat the test nevertheless . He now says he wants to go to KES!! We are extremely happy with CHB .. Didn't think we'd be taking KES into the equation, mainly sitting the test because we'd applied in the summer of last year and thought we'd paid for it and he might as well sit it :)

Roll on March 3rd so we will knw what we have to choose between...11 more days to go!
smiley27

Post by smiley27 »

Bubbles44. Yes, understand you want to make the best decision for your daughter. Whatever you choose she will be going to a really fantastic school. Will you (Spirit or anyone else) be attending the Welcome Evening at KEHS on 27th?
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Well done to your son Amelia!!! Whichever school you choose he is guaranteed a superb education. :D

Smiley27, yes we will be attending the Welcome Evening. I already have a long list of questions. :lol:
newuser

Post by newuser »

I restrained a lot from writing but eventually gave up......

I just want to mention that we should take care when advertising across our 'more than comfortable' situation. This may affect morale of children on border line or below and their parents.

Many will agree that irrespective of result, every kid is special and unique. Just because of difference of few marks in an exam on a particular day, one child does not become better than other.

Apologies if this offends anyone but we should be careful about our expressions.

Just to clarify, I am not affected as my child will be appearing for the test later this year. I love going through posts on this website as many are very useful and encouraging
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

newuser wrote:I restrained a lot from writing but eventually gave up......

I just want to mention that we should take care when advertising across our 'more than comfortable' situation. This may affect morale of children on border line or below and their parents.

Many will agree that irrespective of result, every kid is special and unique. Just because of difference of few marks in an exam on a particular day, one child does not become better than other.

Apologies if this offends anyone but we should be careful about our expressions.

Just to clarify, I am not affected as my child will be appearing for the test later this year. I love going through posts on this website as many are very useful and encouraging
I don't think anyone is "advertising across our 'more than comfortable' situation" to make people feel bad or boasting. Personally I want to hear these as I have become emotionally involved with people on this forum and want to know how the DCs got on. My eldest didn't get a place at GS but I was still happy for those that did. When Natalie's son got his AP at KES I was over the moon as it just showed there are multiple options and gives hope to others who may of had a bad day back in september. No one has been on this forum and said look at me my child scored 290 blah blah. But lots of people have been on with some great advice and support for those who have just missed or are borderline.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Well, that was my opinion. You may not agree to it.

Not sure why you mentioned Natalie....In fact, I think Natalie's comments are very informative and encouraging.I am truly very happy for Natalie's child getting a place in KEHS.

Infact, I really appreciate such experience sharing for the options available.

May God bless Natalie's DS and all other DCs all the very best in their life.

There was no need to mention specific case.

I will request not to bring in specific names.

To end, that was my opinion. I don't expect anyone/everyone agreeing to it.
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

newuser wrote:Well, that was my opinion. You may not agree to it.

Not sure why you mentioned Natalie....In fact, I think Natalie's comments are very informative and encouraging.I am truly very happy for Natalie's child getting a place in KEHS.

You have made the statement on a thread about private school offers/KEHS after saying that you could not keep restrained. If I did not want to hear about these offers then I would not read the thread. It is nice to hear from the parents that their DDs have offers. Congratulations to those who received offers. And yes some people are fortunate and do have a dilemma choosing between outstanding schools and some people do want to discuss that. I know thats hard for people to hear if they are not in such a fortunate situation. I have been in that situation and we didn't have any choices at the time. That did not mean I was not happy for others.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

newuser wrote:Well, that was my opinion. You may not agree to it.

Rather an odd post. There will be the very rare occassion where we get the " my DS scored 285, do you think he will get a place at CHB" post, but that is very rare. This thread is about the results for a prestigious local indie, and parents can quite rightly be proud of their child's achievement. Natalie's journey has enthralled many of us and we are genuinely delighted that the outcome is as it was. Other parents are discussing options and why shouldn't they. I really don't see any evidence of parents wallowing in their good fortune.

In ten days time I expect to receive news I don't want to hear about ds2, but that won't stop me being happy for children who have achieved the outcome they wanted. Also given the news I expect to get, there has been advice on this forum which may prove very useful.
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry if I've offended anybody. I've started so many posts on here and always spoke from my heart. I've asked genuine advice and read pages and pages of threads over the months and have learned so much. I've never boasted how much my DS scored in the 11+ but I did openly say his score (sorry if I wasn't meant to) only because for us I thought we were looking at the local comp rather than a GS place. Hence being so completely shocked and thrilled with an AP.

Don't want this thread to digress from KEHS letter, I only posted because someone mentioned me by name. Again I'm sorry. X
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Natalie, don't for one second think you have anything to feel sorry for. You haven't basked in your son's glory or rubbed anyone's noses in it. We all enjoyed your journey and were pleased for you with the outcome. Best wishes.