Cut off scores 2014 - heres what I found out from the FO

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Optimist

Re: Cut off scores 2014 - heres what I found out from the FO

Post by Optimist »

AK loving Dad wrote:..as it closed...

"We have completed the cut off for one school and it has come down by three points".

When I pushed further, I was told that scores "have come down across the board".

I hope this slightly alleviates the anxieties on the forum for one night or so....sorry I couldn't get any more info. but at least it gives a flavour...

Take Care and try and enjoy the weekend!

AK.
Hi AK

Just reading this thread. Just wanted to ask do you work for the Consortium. If so, do you think the threshold scores will now be updated on Monday daytime.

thanks
Scooby73

Post by Scooby73 »

AK loving Dad wrote:Scooby73,

FW is a great school - not much in it really between CH and FW. Your DS has done brilliantly well.

However, you have just gone up one on the waiting list as someone we know has opted for KES and will not be taking up their CH place (scored 251). I did encourage them a bit to do so.. :)
Thanks AK.
I think I might be a little bit in love you! :P
Scooby73

Post by Scooby73 »

Thanks Herman. I'll be ringing them as soon as humanely possible but am pleased that he's got his second choice. I just wish it was closer to home as we've got a lot to consider now. It's a shame he didn't get the AP at KES either with his score but I guess the Gods are against us at the moment.
school cynic

Post by school cynic »

Finally! The Walsall results are in. DD was offered her first choice, QM. DS (twin) didn't (311). He tried for BV (207) and didn't get that either but to be honest we were trying our luck with that one. He did however get offered a place at one of his choices purely on a sports aptitude test so very proud of him! Will find out the cut off score for QM for him and if he's close we'll try the waiting list.
um

Post by um »

I wouldn't agree as Five Ways is one of the best schools in the UK :D by anyone's definition.
I know quite a few who scored well over 240+ but have placed FW as first choice.
I do understand that it's tough being one mark away - I thought we might be in that position - but hopefully waiting list position will be clarified on Monday and you will make it....

ETA that was a reply to Scooby...sorry