Kehgs -217 accepted

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sunflower2

Re: Kehgs -217 accepted

Post by Sunflower2 »

Do apologies if I sounded a bit inconsiderate to those of u who would actually put handsworth as your first choice regardless of scores. What I was trying to get across is the fact that most parents are not aware of the beauty and continuous progress that this school is making and the tremendous high achievements that girls make at this school compared to other schools. Before this thread I was constantly hearing about kech or kehw and my point was not much was said about Kehgs.

Very happy to know that this is not the case with some of us.

Very best of luck to all tomorrow!
worcestermom

Post by worcestermom »

Our DD has not been accepted on 215, we knew it was a long shot, but we gave it a try. We are extremely proud of her as we never used a tutor, good luck everyone tomorrow, hope you get what you wish for.
meldan103

Post by meldan103 »

Wow, I never realised the perception people had of KEHGS. I live a stones throw away from this school and have never feared for my safety in this area. I attended this school many years ago together with my sister and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Those that have been accepted a place, well done and those that have to wait until tomorrow, good luck. I have been following this thread and excited for you all. x
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Well meldan103, if worcestormum's score of 215 has not got into KEHG (- I presume it was KEHG that the score was for), then the cut-off score for it lies at 216 or 217, which implies that it has been a very, very popular choice for parents this year.

We will know soon enough now.
star47

Post by star47 »

The 215 not being offered for KEHGS is not what I wanted to hear. Our only hope now is Sutton, but the odds are stacked against us. Local comp here we come!!!!!!
Good luck to everyone!!!!!!! :( :( :(
um

Post by um »

I have to say that I agree that I was very impressed by KE Handsworth Girls.
I am sure that my dd would have been happy and cared for there.
However, with 2 boys at CHB and it being much closer to us (saving a pretty hefty amount in Green Bus fares) and because dd gets badly travel sick, we did place CHG first. MY dd also loved CHG - but I didn't want to give anyone the impression that CHG was 'better' in my estimation. All the grammars in Birmingham are super schools :D
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

We loved KE Handsworth Girls and it was a big dilemma not to put it first. I even started a thread on it here somewhere. The issue was distance, as other children are schooled close to home too.
Sunflower2

Post by Sunflower2 »

Star47 please don't give up yet, your DD might get sutton you never know. I am surprise about all these scores that's been pouring in especially about cut off, I expected all schools to go down by at least 5 points but so far this has not been the case.

Nevertheless, Wherever your dd goes I am sure, with Gods help, she will flourish.
FairyDust13

Post by FairyDust13 »

Sunflower2 wrote:Do apologies if I sounded a bit inconsiderate to those of u who would actually put handsworth as your first choice regardless of scores. What I was trying to get across is the fact that most parents are not aware of the beauty and continuous progress that this school is making and the tremendous high achievements that girls make at this school compared to other schools. Before this thread I was constantly hearing about kech or kehw and my point was not much was said about Kehgs.

Very happy to know that this is not the case with some of us.

Very best of luck to all tomorrow!

I agree Sunflower2 this school has been making continuous progress over the years and given it's lower cut off scores and excellent exams results it would suggest that the 'value added' is greater.

As Elbart has said looks like cut hasn't fallen therefore a very very popular choice for parents this year. Looks like the secrets out, not so good for my DD2. :(

Roll on tomorrow, just need that confirmation to end my insanity. Good luck to all those still waiting. Star 47 all is not lost, the process may be just a little longer for you. Good luck.
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

meldan103 wrote:Wow, I never realised the perception people had of KEHGS. I live a stones throw away from this school and have never feared for my safety in this area. I attended this school many years ago together with my sister and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Those that have been accepted a place, well done and those that have to wait until tomorrow, good luck. I have been following this thread and excited for you all. x
I also attended KEHGS 'many, many' years ago, and still have links with the school. It was superb then and it is still superb now.