daveg

Re: Help!

Post by daveg »

"but as they live walking distance from camphill would like to appeal"

On what grounds?
ajaan

Re: Help!

Post by ajaan »

We are also a short walk from Camp Hill, had the school first, mainly due to logistics rather than us thinking Camp Hill was significantly better than anywhere else (my oldest son went there).

And my youngest son has just been given a place at Five Ways, which we had as second choice (though it was my son's first choice so he's happy).

We couldn't be happier and have decided in the very unlikely event of getting a waiting list place at Camp Hill we will turn it down. We've already started looking for uniforms.

Part of this decision is based on the Green Bus routes: 29 minutes or so from Moseley to Five Ways and roughly the same (on a different Green Bus) from Kings Heath to Five Ways. 4G wifi on the bus, numerous future friends, independence, virtually a door-to-door service (albeit at a cost), my son is very happy.

If your nephew is within walking distance of CH, then you're geographically near us, and in a similar situation. I wouldn't worry. We all know our own situation best but after the roller coaster of exams, exam scores, and now allocated places, I'd rather just put the matter to bed and look forward to the excellent school that is Five Ways, than another roller coaster of appeals or nervously waiting on waiting lists -- but your situation and desires might be different, so I'm not to judge, and indeed I'm not judging.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now