Sutton Coldfield GSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

knotmum

Re: Sutton Coldfield GSG

Post by knotmum »

I can't speak for this year anymore than others on this forum. But last year a girl from my dd's school was offered a place right at the end of the summer term. It was difficult as she had already done the transition days to her local comp, but she accepted the place and is enjoying the school as far as I know. Good luck with the waiting!
Sunflower2

Post by Sunflower2 »

Hi to all been following this thread as my niece is on the waiting list for Sutton and been keeping fingers cross for her. I think she is no. 3. Is anyone still deciding on this school? Has anyone still have to accept or turndown there place. I also read Star47 is in similar position. Pls any advise as my sister is really anxious.

Thank you all in advance.
star47

Post by star47 »

Hi Sunflower2
Sutton is a very popular school and I have been informed that 850+ applied for a place. My dds position has not changed but I still have hope. Tell your sister that no 3 is a very good position to be in and hopefully our paths will cross at the induction day for our girls. :D
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Hi Star47 / Sunflower2,

I have just been informed by someone I know who are waiting on SCGSG that you should expect another 2 places of movement up the waiting list - it may be updated by end of play today.

For KEHGS, I believe there have been a movement of 16 places altogether - 8 since just last Friday. They have not over offered on PAN this year.

Hope this helps anyone who are waiting on these schools.

Thanks

Elbart
star47

Post by star47 »

Hi Elbart
Thank you so much for the information re Sutton. I will call the LEA tomorrow morning. We're praying for good news. :D
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Star47,

You may not hear straightaway as they will have to wait a few days for things to filter through.

Also, KEHG have offered another 4 places from the waiting list yesterday/today, which brings this to a total of 20. Of these, there could be DC who may have already chosen SCGSG as a second choice (having not qualified for KEHG initially) and will now choose to go to KEHG, if it was their first choice. So the whole process could take another 2 weeks or more before more movement on the SCGSG waiting list. Don't forget this could be mirrored for KECHG and KEFW too.

I believe KECHG are now taking from 223 score, KEFW 223 also and KEHG 214.

I guess patience is the name of the game.

Elbart
Sunflower2

Post by Sunflower2 »

Wow!! This is great news for my niece and Star47. I feel really positive now. Thanks Elbart for keeping us hoping. It's amazing how you getting this info. Continue keeping us up to date if you hear anything! Thanks again.
star47

Post by star47 »

There seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel its just a case of patience. I contacted the LEA today and she is still no 4. Thanks for the information Elbart :D
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Sunflower2/Star47,

No worries.

Hope should be turning into reality fairly soon - LEA need to step up a gear ! :D

Elbart
star47

Post by star47 »

Hi All
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone that has supported us through this journey. We had some good news today, dd was offered a place at Sutton :D :D :D :D

Sunflower 2 congratulations to your niece :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now