Sutton Coldfield GSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Elbart

Re: Sutton Coldfield GSG

Post by Elbart »

Smiles wrote:Hi All

Congratulations to all those who have been offered a place at SCGSG. My DD is currently No.3 on the waiting list. Would anyone know if there is still movement expected at SCGSG?

Thanks
Smiles, the major movements in the waiting lists I would say are now complete. What I would see now are a small percentage of movement and you would still be in a good chance before September (or maybe after the term starts) and when come induction day, DC may decide that the school is not for them so you could expect movement then too. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks

Elbart
Hearts4

Post by Hearts4 »

Just to let you know my DD got an offer for SCGSG this morning after initially being 34th on the waiting list!!!!!!! Her score was 209. :D
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

thats great news ! wow esp from position 34TH
Javed Akhtar

Post by Javed Akhtar »

Dear All

My daughter got a score of 208 in the test. We put Sutton Coldfied Grammar Schools for Girls as her first choice. Back in March she was 42nd on the waiting list. A week later she came down to 40th. In mid March she came down to 32nd and stayed there 2 weeks.

I rang Birmingham LEA yesterday and was very surprised to hear that she is now 4th on the waiting list. This is a big jump of 28 places in 4 weeks. Does she have a chance? Have all the offers being taken up. Any help / advice for be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks!
um

Post by um »

Let us know if there is any movement for you, please.

As it is now May, places have been accepted and there is unlikely to be much more of a shift in the waiting lists.
But there is still a possibility... I hope you do have good news before September.
Javed Akhtar

Post by Javed Akhtar »

Dear All

I received some good news today. My daughter has managed to get a place in Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girl. I am so pleased for her, especially as at one point she was 42nd on the waiting list back in the first week of March 2014. Her mark was 208.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated. All the best for the future and God Bless you.

Best Wishes
Javed
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Congratulations Javed ! Fantastic news.

All the best to your DD. You must be so relieved.
UmSusu
um

Post by um »

That's great news.
I hope she has a super time there :D