Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: cheat or troll
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:34 pm 
saw this on a news group (I have ***** the email address in case innocent). So troll or desparate?

I am looking for a copy of the examination paper for WEDNESDAY 8th DECEMBER.

I am willing to pay £5000 (yes .. five thousand pounds) for a copy of the 2 papers.

I know that NFER do the paper...

EMAIL me at ********@msn.com or reply here.

Post subject: Past exam papers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:24 pm 
Just an observation.

Surely you are better off buying the practice papers, and for that sort of money you can buy plenty of papers and a tutor such that your son or daughter will sail through the exams!

In any event how can anyone trust you are good for your money?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:52 am 
I agree, but this was posted just a few days ago!

Whoever it was is both totally desperate and insecure or has suddenly woken up to the fact that hard work is required to try for the 11+ which they have failed to do. I would have thought that having the papers a few days in advance would not help a great deal anyway; can you imagine learning every question/answer pair? If the child is that bright they should pass anyway. As you say tutors and practice will get you a better chance.

I was just shocked at how far some people will go to get their child a school place….

Is it nearly March yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:27 am 

My Daughters teacher set the class a surprise mock exam using the Nfer Nelson tests. She had alread studied the non-verbal one with me! She scored 55 out of 60. Proof I think that having a copy of the test at home is a conciderable advantage.

However trying to buy the paper was silly. He could hardly expect a refund when the paper proved to be for another school or date. He also didn't concider the posibility of blackmail in the unlikely case of it being genuine.