Current Status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: Current Status

Post by hermanmunster »

Bob1892 wrote:There seems to be a lot of rejections particularly CHB at 36 so far. I'm surprised it's this much. Opting for the independents maybe (KES probably)??
A great many of the kids who take up places at KES and KEHS will have a state GS place somewhere on offer (mainly B'ham, though some further away). Suspect that this is where much of the W/L movement comes from
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

hermanmunster wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:There seems to be a lot of rejections particularly CHB at 36 so far. I'm surprised it's this much. Opting for the independents maybe (KES probably)??
A great many of the kids who take up places at KES and KEHS will have a state GS place somewhere on offer (mainly B'ham, though some further away). Suspect that this is where much of the W/L movement comes from
I'm not surprised really. After visiting both KES & KEHS in the past with my dc they seemed brilliant schools to us. I wish we had the wherewithal (ie finances) to send my kids there because, if I was to be honest ,I don't think there is much comparison to these two school all-round.
I think I better put some extra hours in at work to save up for our ds. :shock:
z-g

Post by z-g »

Hello all, I've got some good news to share with you all...... we received a letter today from KEA, DS1 got the place! really really happy, going to celebrate, second time, at the weekend.
The cut off score has gone down to 213.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Just wanted to reiterate that even if your child doesn't make it in before the start of year 7, there's still hope after the term starts assuming you would consider moving DC.

DD tells me that a new girl has just started in Year 7 of CHG, moving from KE Handsworth Girls, so there's a knock on effect there, with a couple of more places also due to come up shortly.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Hi all:

Little fish reported to me that her friend scored 221 and has just been offered a place at KEFW. Now even if the score is slightly wrong - that definitely means a place has come up now at KEHG. So I hope that is good news for somebody out there.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

z-g wrote:Hello all, I've got some good news to share with you all...... we received a letter today from KEA, DS1 got the place! really really happy, going to celebrate, second time, at the weekend.
The cut off score has gone down to 213.

Done & dusted. Well done Zainab & DS.

Elbart
z-g

Post by z-g »

Thank you Elbart, Really happy!
IzzyWizzy74

Post by IzzyWizzy74 »

Good news for us too, phoned Birmingham LEA yesterday to be told that ds now shows as offered for vesey. Just awaiting written confirmation. Hopefully this will also be good news for needtoknow as it will mean us releasing the QMGS place (as soon as I've seen it in black and white. )
Ds is thrilled to be going off with his mates and I have my fingers crossed that it will be fab for needtoknow's ds who is top of QM list.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

that's great news IW74 and hopefully needtoknow will be getting some good news next week too!
IzzyWizzy74

Post by IzzyWizzy74 »

Thanks hermanmunster, we are really pleased and the written confirmation has even arrived today. I have sent the acceptance of vesey and release of QMGS by return of post so fingers crossed for needtoknow that the QM place may be heading their way this week,
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now