Happy dad

Re: Current Status

Post by Happy dad »

It's not national, AGS is 26-27 June.
needtoknow

Post by needtoknow »

Hi Izzywizzy

Hope you've had a good easter break, I phoned the LEA today to be told that my son is still first on the waiting list and there has been no movement, just clutching onto straws now but can you confirm the date you posted the letters to decline the place at QM as I thought we would have heard by now, can i only assume the delay is due to the easter break, thanks for replying....
pragka

Post by pragka »

Hi needtoknow
School reopens only on Monday. I spoke to KEF office. They are waiting for CHB to contact them if there's any movement. So, the post will be still at school. Hope you will be confirmed your place on Monday for QM.
needtoknow

Post by needtoknow »

hi Pragka

Thanks for replying, just getting a bit desperate, hopefully we hear next week if there is any news.
brit

Post by brit »

Hi, when is the latest you are likely to hear if you are to be offered a waiting list place for WGHS?
IzzyWizzy74

Post by IzzyWizzy74 »

Hi need to know, sorry for the delay but we've been away with no internet. I posted my reply just over 2 weeks ago (Saturday 12th) but missed the lunchtime post so will have classed as Monday 14th. I received the confirmation paperwork on 16th for vesey having spoken to them on friday 11th to confirm verbal acceptance.I suspect the delay with QM is purely due to the school being closed and therefore not instructing LEA to offer the place. Hope today has brought you good news,
needtoknow

Post by needtoknow »

Hi Izzywizzy
Thanks for your reply.
I phoned the LEA today and was told there was still no movement and stated that Birmingham LEA had to get in touch with Walsall LEA for the place to offered to another child, I assumed this would be done automatically as you have already received conf from BV, but the lady i spoke to stated that they would have to wait to receive confirmation from the LEA, im gonna stop ringing them and just wait (which is very difficult ) .........
IzzyWizzy74

Post by IzzyWizzy74 »

Hi need to know,
I can't believe it's taking so long! I bet you are tearing your hair out! I'll call walsall LEA tomorrow and see if they will accept it from me. I'll let you know if I have any success.
morgu

Post by morgu »

Hi Brit, I suppose with WGHS it's the same as everywhere else; There isn't really a latest date by which offers from the waiting list end. For what it's worth, I know of one child who had been offered a place in my daughters year at WGHS (current year 7) who changed her mind after induction day in July, and rejected the offer. So you never know...
Hearts4

Post by Hearts4 »

Just an update. DD was originally 34th on waiting list for Sutton Girls with a score of 209. Shocked to receive a letter this morning offering her a place from the waiting list!!!

DD initially got offered her second choice of comp, then a week letter was pleased to be offered her first choice comp, Kings Norton Girls. DD had accepted this whole heartedly and was pleased with Kings Norton, so today's news will require some discussion and consideration over this coming weekend.

Travel is the main issue. We live South Bham which means a 40 min cross city train journey and 10 main walk the other end for our DD. Seems so daunting for a small 11 year old girl! Does anyone else have DC who do this journey? Do DC become quickly accustomed to the travel or has it caused anyone any problems?

Big decision to be made, but at least it's a good one :-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now