Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: kes test
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 pm 

My Ds is very keen on doing the Kes test in January, he has done the Birmingham cem test but he really likes Kes and wants to do the test. Im not too keen on him doing it as I believe he should just relax after all that hard work and enjoy his last year of primary school. However while he takes 2 weeks off relaxing he has demanded I do some research for him and find out as much as possible regarding the test. He has already made his own revision plan, which he never did for cem.

Does anyone know what format is Kes test? Is it a standard type or mixed like Cem?What sections are there and how long is each sections. Also are there any materials that helped prepare for the test?

Post subject: Re: kes test
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:57 am 

If you go on the King Edwards website there is a very helpful advice page and a separate page with sample questions. No past papers are available. The school has recently increased the amounts available in scholarships and bursaries.

Abraham Lincoln

Post subject: Re: kes test
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:50 pm 

Also, as I understand it if you telephone the admissions person she is very helpful about the exam format / content. I've read lots of comments on this forum where people have spoken to her to get guidance. They seem to be very transparent about their process.