Results ?????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Turtlegirl

Re: Results ?????

Post by Turtlegirl »

Historically, for the King Edward Foundation schools, scores have risen a little year on year, apart from last year when the higher intake brought the lowest entry scores down. Since the Walsall consortium schools have only been taking the CEM exam for three years now, there is little historical data available.

I'm not sure I'd feel comfy with a score of 320, especially if more children took the exam (scores are normalised about the mean of 300 so each score point has a large number of children on it). It might be a bit close on that. See the trends for the KE exam for 2005-2013 http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =11&t=7148. I think a score of 325 or above would be a bit more secure for a place.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

Eek turtle girl. My dd scored just that! 320 so now I'm slightly worried with wat you've sed
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Looking at it from the outside if the cut off in March this year was 316 then clearly 320 is in that marginal area. Better than being on or just below last year though. However, I read that after the offers were made the score fell to 309 off the waiting list therefore 320 now looks a much better bet. Scores generally only rise significantly if there is a significant increase in demand (simple supply/demand theory) as scores are standardised around the mean. See Birmingham. 2012 increase in demand and scores increased. 2013 increase in supply and little increase in demand and scores fell significantly. Big increase in demand in Birmingham this year will almost certainly push scores up this year. Finding out if more children sat your test will give you another bit of the jigsaw. Unless there was a big increase 320 sounds a good bet to me. Good luck.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

The lowest entry scores for different schools vary walsallmum. I was talking about the boys' school, QMGS. The girls' school in Walsall had a lower lowest entry score. It's because there are more girls' grammar places than boys'.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

oh i feel better now turtle girl

thanks rabbie burns

im still gonna stress til march tho
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Dear Walsallmum,
I believe there are more places at WGHS this year the pan is 116 compared to 108 last year. Indirectly it will have an affect on QMHS entry by increasing supply in the consortium. The effect is marginal but it seems nothing short of the actual place offer is going to reduce your anxiety. Your daughter has her place at QMHS.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

than ks quasimodo - ill hold you to that ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

quasimodo wrote:Dear Walsallmum,
I believe there are more places at WGHS this year the pan is 116 compared to 108 last year. Indirectly it will have an affect on QMHS entry by increasing supply in the consortium.

Hi it was reported on here a few months ago that 116 girls actually started WGHS in Year 7 this September (even though this was not publicised and it still states PAN was 108)
Wee

Post by Wee »

My dd started in y7 at wghs this year and I can confirm that there are 29 girls in each class, a PAN of 116, not 108 as published.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Dear Walsallmum
I have been trying to find previous information for QMHS.The following is from a entry on this website in 2012.
"QMH: 112 places are available. Over the last 3 years where 96 places were available:

2010: final allocated position 253
2011: final allocated position 241
2012: final allocated position 268

So basically there are an extra 16 place available this year. In 2012 the last allocated position was 268 for 96 places, that is every 2.8th candidate accepted a place. Therefore, for 112 places this year the last rank would approximately be 112 * 2.8 = 313.

I think you have an excellent chance of gaining a place and I would put it as your 1st choice on the LEA form.

MSD"
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now