Queen Mary's High Pass Mark?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
littledippy

Re: Queen Mary's High Pass Mark?

Post by littledippy »

I should be happy to hear this wool eyes, but I am not.. Only because my sister will be moving away from us. But I know it is best for her dd . Thanks for confirming it.
WoolEyes

Post by WoolEyes »

Fear not Dippy, Walsall is big enough for you to move here too!
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

My DS took the bucks tests, and another DS already in the bucks grammar. Oh, well new place for us visit during holidays.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I cannot say 310 will "guarantee" a position at QM girls but it is highly likely.Similarly with marks lower than 309 due to the spread of marks this year.But I do not know how low it will get.I make the assumption that marks are spread in the bell curve in standardisation in the same way to last year.

The school itself does not agree . The school are not encouraging anyone less than 309 to apply to the school.The letter my dd recieved today says ;"However, past experience demonsrates that if your daughter's score is below around 309 she may struggle to cope with the content ,level and pace of the education we provide at Queen Mary's High School.It is also very unlikely she would be offered a place so we recommend you consider alternative schools".
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Fareeda

Post by Fareeda »

My son scored 314 and the letter states that the minimum 'qualifying' score is 318 for 2015, however the letter states that it's recommended not to apply if the score is anything below 310. Therefore in light of this I would be grateful if someone can demystify and provide an opinion as to whether he has no chance, borderline or good chance. Cheers
WoolEyes

Post by WoolEyes »

Thanks Q, what you have just said makes sense and is spot on!
Twinsmummy2003

Post by Twinsmummy2003 »

Hi Fareeda

As far as I understand it, it means that anyone that scored under 310 is probably not suitable for a grammar school education as they may struggle with the work. 318 was the lowest score that was admitted last year. If you have around that score you are borderline I would say and will have to wait until the allocations in March and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck to your DS.

X
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

I'm still unsure with 320
If marks go up then dd might miss out
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

You should have every confidence that your daughter has a place with a score of 320 .Just make sure you put the school first in your Local authority form which can be done online.
Well done to your dd.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Fareeda just remember the grade boundaries are different this year. Last year it was 200 to 440 this year it is 190 to 420.So the final admission mark will be lower but how low is difficult to say. Just apply you never know he may gain admission even if it means coming off the waiting list .Many children sit the exam from other parts of the country or want to go to other schools in the area.Keep positive.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now