Wghs Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gameon

Re: Wghs Results

Post by gameon »

I personally know 6 kids from bucks area and they scored around 320-368. I know none of them will be applying for a place. This just a few people I know of. I am sure there more people who took the test as a practice run. I hope you will get a place you wants your dd to get into. I wish CEM just one central exam!!!
unpanickydad

Post by unpanickydad »

Hi, if anyone could help that would be great.
After last year's close call. Daughter number 2 with zero tuition got a score of 328. We live a mile from the school.
What would be her chances of getting in?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Congratulations on your dds score.
Just put the school as your first choice and she will get her choice of school. The school I am sure will confirm that if you attend at the open evening tomorrow and ask any of the senior leadership team.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I have to correct my earlier view. I went to the WGHS open evening today and the school Headmistress stated in her speech she couldn't advise any parent on what score would get your child a place at the school. So whilst I stand by my views they are my views only.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Anteater03

Post by Anteater03 »

My dd is very unsure about WGHS. We went to the open evening yesterday and the school was full. My dd signed in and there was a huge list. How can all of those girls be invited to apply for a school place? I was probably being very silly not to expect so many parents and daughters and it has put my my dd off even more. The guide was lovely and the teachers we spoke to were extremely friendly. Feeling even more confused.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

The only questions you have to ask yourself are as follows;
1.Will my daughter be happy here?
2.Is the school right for my dd?
3.Does my dd want to come here?
4.Has my dd the mark compared to last years to be able to come here?
If you get positive answers to all those questions then you have your answer. The school itself was going to invite everyone they thought had a chance of going there above a certain mark. Based on last 2 years marks it was probably everyone above 297 but the realistic answer is anyone who wants to come whose dd scored around 316 and above.

Abraham Lincoln
Anteater03

Post by Anteater03 »

Dear Quasimodo
Thank you for your help, I feel less confused. My dd has a score of 317 with very little effort on her part. I do think what could she have achieved if we had really pushed her but we felt she had to choose her own approach. We have to answer the first two questions which are the most important!!
Thanks feeling less confused.
Anteater03
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nearly all grammar schools know that if they have say 100 places then they are highly likely to have to go down to perhaps 200 on the list.
This is simply because kids who have done well at one school may do well at another, or opt to put somewhere else on the CAF or go to an independent etc Indies often over offer to a very high level as well as they know that many kids will have several offers and can only go to one school
WoolEyes

Post by WoolEyes »

Don't stress too much Anteater, The advice above is spot-on. 317 is a decent score and close to what my daughter scored but it's too far for us to travel so that's one less girl you have to worry about. All schools over-subscribe as they are aware of the uncertain numbers applying.

Good luck.
Montypanpan

Post by Montypanpan »

My daughter was a guide at WGHS open evening last night & was under the impression that over 500 girls attended. That means there will probably be quite a few that are disappointed in March.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now