Feels like lots of girls passed!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pinkhousemom

Re: Feels like lots of girls passed!

Post by pinkhousemom »

Thank you, Q! You've been most helpful and reassuring to me. I'm very grateful.

Thankfully this will be the one and only time I'll be going through this (my DS goes to a special school for SLD). As it stands, QM will be the only Grammar on my preference list. Followed by Walsall Academy (although we are in the outer catchment area). As for the other three choices, it'll be the best of a bad bunch. Most of the schools that are closest are in special measures. It's very difficult to choose. Quite depressing actually. All the parents here are in the same dilemma.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I hope you have completed the registration form for the Academy.It has a closing date of 3rd October 2104 at 4.00 pm for the banding test in Verbal reasoning.The form MUST be recieved by the school.If not its on the website complete it and hand deliver it tommorrow.Otherwise your dd wont be considered for the school. If you can give a general locality I could suggest a few secondary schools in the walsall area.They would just be my preferences.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

http://cms.walsall.gov.uk/home_to_schoo ... y_april_2p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
P the above is web link which may assist in finance for your dd re transport costs home to school.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
pinkhousemom

Post by pinkhousemom »

Thank you! Yes, form was handed in and she has the test on Saturday. I live quite close to junction10 M6. :)
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

http://cms.walsall.gov.uk/home_to_schoo ... une_14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the weblink the other is not opening

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

P you have some very tough choices for your other schools on your LA application.The good schools are all on the other side of Walsall apart from your existing choices.Travel distance will probably prevent you and disqualify you from going.Those in Walsall include Aldridge, Streetly and Barr Beacon and in Great Barr falling under Sandwell the Q3 Academy.

Abraham Lincoln
pinkhousemom

Post by pinkhousemom »

It is very grim this side of Walsall, Q. Is it any better for you?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

P you have 5 choices on your form but as soon as you meet the conditions on your choice starting with the first it goes no further.You should be happy it won't go beyond your first choice.
You have remarkable strength coping with every thing life has thrown at you and your family.
I have already made the choices amongst the Grammar schools notwithstanding not yet having the Birmingham consortium results which can be amended anytime before the 31st October if done online.All the non grammars I have suggested we probably wouldnt qualify for due to distance.I wouldnt want to choose for my dd from the schools we would qualify for by location.

Abraham Lincoln
pinkhousemom

Post by pinkhousemom »

Q, I hope you get the results/school you want. I wish your family the very best.

Please keep me informed as to how it all goes. :)
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Dear P,
Hope everything was fine at the weekend and you and your dd enjoyed your visit to the Academy to sit the test. It occurred to me even if it means putting WGHS as your third choice if at all possible in your special circumstances you may want to speak to their admissions office and discussing the issue of travel and travel costs and any possible assistance. They will have more experience of such issues.
It seems such a shame as my dd should be at the school next year as our first choice. She loved the school best from KE Handsworth, SCHSG and Queen Mary Girls your first choice.

Abraham Lincoln