Travelling to Camp Hill Boys/Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rabbie burns

Re: Travelling to Camp Hill Boys/Girls

Post by rabbie burns »

Ps The number 11 bus to Kings Heath can be a nightmare at busy times!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Not wanting to sound like a snob but the no 11 can have some unsavoury characters on them to say the least. I wouldn't want my 10 or 11 year old using it personally. Then again it's horses for courses.
My personal advice: if you're in north birmingham stick to Aston, handsworth, bv or Sutton. If you're in the south of the city you're better off with the camp hill schools. I know it's a generalisation but logistically sensible.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Don't forget Five Ways Bob if you live in Worcestershire or Dudley!
WindowGlass

Post by WindowGlass »

rabbie burns wrote:Ps The number 11 bus to Kings Heath can be a nightmare at busy times!
It's a brave man to take on much of the #11 route, but from Handsw.Wood to Perry Barr station is just a short hop. Trains seeming much more dependable than buses.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

I travel on the 11 every day! I hear the green buses can have come unsavoury characters on them or at least people with unsavoury parents!
Jazz-UK

Post by Jazz-UK »

Thanks for all your comments - Given how much I hate traffic, I think it'd be evil to force her to sit on a bus for best part of three hours.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

On the 11 now. Hellish slow.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Don't even think about sending your DC to a school far away just bacause it's considered more 'prestigious'. It just isn't worth it! Having said that, both mind go to KEAS, while we are in the south. That wasn't through choice.. I would much rather they had got into KECH! Their journey is doable, as they are spoilt and chauffeured by yours truly! :lol:
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

try the journey yourself in the forthcoming holidays and check out the journey..
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

sbarnes wrote:try the journey yourself in the forthcoming holidays and check out the journey..
Better still, take a day off before half term and do it with term-time traffic, number of passengers etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now