No test results on Friday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
um

No test results on Friday

Post by um »

http://www.schoolsofkingedwardvi.co.uk/ ... t-results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Natalie74

Re: No test results on Friday

Post by Natalie74 »

Oh blimey, i feel for you all having to wait those extra few days. I was in your position this time last year. It is a nail biting time. Best of luck to you all. X
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

It feels like the calm before the storm. Little activity on all the threads. I hope if there is a storm the sun shines on everyone. Just remember the sun is always there even when you can't see it.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I think we all now know why there has been a delay- higher than usual number of applicants- and the most likely reason for that is because of the 11+ tourists. I mean those travelling over 100 miles to do a CEM test with no intention of sending their kid to that school. I think I saw on the bucks or Kent forum that some parent has done 5 CEM tests presumably for practice! I think cem need to seriously think about having tests on the same day nationwide. If your dc misses out by one or two marks you'll be thinking the same and more!!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

It might also mean that their attempts to widen access within the local area are having an effect.
KenR

Post by KenR »

I think cem need to seriously think about having tests on the same day nationwide. If your dc misses out by one or two marks you'll be thinking the same and more!
The Durham CEM tests across the regions are not necessarily similar content or difficulty; they are bespoke tests geared towards specific client requirements. Historically the Birmingham consortium tests have probably been more difficult than CEM tests in other regions. Plus of course the marking and standardisation is different, so even if they were the same paper you would get very different scores across the regions
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

KenR wrote:
I think cem need to seriously think about having tests on the same day nationwide. If your dc misses out by one or two marks you'll be thinking the same and more!
The Durham CEM tests across the regions are not necessarily similar content or difficulty; they are bespoke tests geared towards specific client requirements. Historically the Birmingham consortium tests have probably been more difficult than CEM tests in other regions. Plus of course the marking and standardisation is different, so even if they were the same paper you would get very different scores across the regions
Even though the contents may be different, it's still practice. I understand a lot of Brum kids do the Wolves/Walsall test as practice (& possibly as a viable back-up) but travelling over 100 miles on several occasions just to get warmed up for their main priority test is taking it too far at the expense of others!
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Bob1892 wrote:
KenR wrote:
Even though the contents may be different, it's still practice. I understand a lot of Brum kids do the Wolves/Walsall test as practice (& possibly as a viable back-up) but travelling over 100 miles on several occasions just to get warmed up for their main priority test is taking it too far at the expense of others!
Agreed. That's just taking it to a whole new level of grammar preparation!
um

Post by um »

I would imagine that parents doing something as crazy as this would be in an absolutely tiny minority (less than 10 families, surely :shock: ) and the real reason for the increase in numbers, is the increase in the birthrate/number of children in the city.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now