School Choices

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KenR

Re: School Choices

Post by KenR »

You need to look carefully at the previous pass scores - KE Handsworth Girls is "relatively" easier to get in to compared to KECHG and KEFW. Even if you really want KECHG or KEFV consider if it would be viable to include KEHG lower down the list. Every year we get a few parents who don't quite make KECHG etc but would have passed KEHG except they didn't put it on the CAF list and they sometimes regret this afterwards.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

There are only three schools 210 might get a boy into BV, Aston and HGS. CHB and FW will never get that low. Still put those five in the order you prefer plus one non selective school. Job done. Always include a non selective just in case. Good luck.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Unless of course you are a PP applicant.
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

Please I am also not sure how things will play out.my ds scored 231 and want Camphill.we are pp applicant,do we have any chance at all. Also I am planning on choosing on 3 gs choice as we are coventry based. 1 of Birmingham and 2 of warwickshire.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

chebiyebu wrote:Please I am also not sure how things will play out.my ds scored 231 and want Camphill.we are pp applicant,do we have any chance at all. Also I am planning on choosing on 3 gs choice as we are coventry based. 1 of Birmingham and 2 of warwickshire.
Have you had a very recent charge in mind - I thought KES Stratford was your no 1 choice?
231 on a pp basis should get you chb though.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

CHB vs KES Stratford, it's a no brainer if marks are not the issue as well as the travel angle.
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

I have always wanted chb but because I thought it wasn't possible from coventry. Hence now I have found a way of doing it and I am interested again.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Think long and hard about the travel involved over what could be a seven year period. In my view anything involving travel over an hour and on bad days far longer seriously detracts from the school experience of your child. What about those extra curricular activities when the day gets considerably longer? My dd who is 10 refused to go to the open day for Camp Hill Girls as being simply too far to travel so what's the point of going to see it. At the time I was angry but it was very true. That is why the school is at the bottom of the list to make up the numbers on the list.Provided you have the marks safely whilst we can have these discussions the only real issue should be what's your number one choice and your back up. Think long and hard about the daily commute and its implications. You are stuck with your choice once you have made it.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

Quasimodo it is interesting that you brought this up . children are different in what they want,this year my dd made the opposite choice of going to a further grammar school and she travels for longer and she loves it . Any way my ds is fragile and an August baby wouldn't want him to deal with that hence I am going to make some changes to our location