Birmingham and Wolverhampton waiting list offers(past years)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quasimodo

Birmingham and Wolverhampton waiting list offers(past years)

Post by quasimodo »

I am trying to assist a friend whose dd scored 210 in her Birmingham consortium exams in her school selection She had ill health during the exam periods. I have been trying to find the last offers from the waiting lists. I know last year WGHS offer in March was 318 and fell to 316 for the last child to get a place from the waiting list and for QMHS it was 316 falling to 309.This information for all the schools in the two consortiums or a link or links on this forum would be very helpful to myself and other parents.
Thanks in anticipation of any help.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Bob1892

Re: Birmingham and Wolverhampton waiting list offers(past ye

Post by Bob1892 »

quasimodo wrote:I am trying to assist a friend whose dd scored 210 in her Birmingham consortium exams in her school selection She had ill health during the exam periods. I have been trying to find the last offers from the waiting lists. I know last year WGHS offer in March was 318 and fell to 316 for the last child to get a place from the waiting list and for QMHS it was 316 falling to 309.This information for all the schools in the two consortiums or a link or links on this forum would be very helpful to myself and other parents.
Thanks in anticipation of any help.
Try this for starters- scroll down to our friend Elbart.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 9&start=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Also on the same link but the next page , 11, you've got Sutton girls revised scores.
211- borderline KEHG-possible on w/l
Sutton girls should be ok on w/l fingers crossed.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

my dd scored 320 in qm wolves test and 208 in birmigham.

what was the last w/l place for sutton girls last year
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Thank you for the help.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

walsallmum wrote:my dd scored 320 in qm wolves test and 208 in birmigham.

what was the last w/l place for sutton girls last year
From what we know, after 54 rejections it went down from 211 to 207. So Sutton is very possible.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

thanks quasi but with the pp will it not go up from 207 this year?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

walsallmum wrote:thanks quasi but with the pp will it not go up from 207 this year?
This is something no-one can answer because there is no previous data. The chances are that the scores will probably go up slightly - just place in order of preference on your CAF and keep your fingers crossed.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Please also note in 2011 the offer mark for KE Handsworth was 211 for a pan of 106 and for Sutton 207 with a pan of 104.Keep the faith.
Re the the pp there will be upward movement but just bear the bell curve of the exam results in your mind. On these scores there are an awful lot of children on the same mark.

Abraham Lincoln
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Congratulations to all those who have received the scores they hoped for and if you didn't, hang in there... when one door closes, another will open. :)

Hopefuldad7- still put KEA down on your CAF as there is the waiting list scores to consider. This year, a boy started KEA during the second week of September on a score of 211. His place was refilled by another boy at HGS who says he scored 198! :o

No one is sure what effect the pp system will have as it is the first time. My dh used to work in a grammar school (not in B'ham) which had a two mark system. Often it was the case that the grammars would need to consider students below the official cut off mark, in order to fill their quota.

So just be sure to include your school on the CAF, just in case.

I know some dps at this time can get quite giddy and overwhelmed by their dc' scores :roll: but pls remember, that it is a sensitive time for all dp. And also, bear in mind that the score is pretty irrelevant once your dc start gs. From personal experience, iirc, my dd2 scored 221 (2 years ago) and sits next to a girl who scored 245 in the exam, and another in her class, who scored 262. It makes no difference to them now in y8. What matters is how well they are doing now (and she is doing just as well as the others) :wink:

So what I mean to say is that there are no 'big fish' at the KE schools, just lots of them in a pond. :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now