Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Reward our kids' effort
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:51 pm 

I think all the dc who got results today deserve a massive treat/reward for their efforts, regardless of their results! They have all done outstanding just by going through this experience.

We will all forget these numbers and points in a few years and be more focused on GCSEs then A levels then universities and degrees....

It's important to remember that they will always remain our dear dcs and I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I'm proud of all of them...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:55 pm 

Hear hear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:33 pm 

I am with you on that already treated my ds! It's been a hard long road for the all of the kids and they should be rewarded for their efforts :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 pm 

We are already into our fun year. Mondays after school activity swimming Tuesdays the exception being tutor for English,her weakness like it was mine, Wednesdays brownies, Thursdays athletics club, Fridays drama, Saturday mornings tennis and swimming and some Sundays our badminton sessions. Apart from brownies athletics club and swimming on Mondays we cut back on everything for 12 months.

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 pm 

quasimodo wrote:
We are already into our fun year. Mondays after school activity swimming Tuesdays the exception being tutor for English,her weakness like it was mine, Wednesdays brownies, Thursdays athletics club, Fridays drama, Saturday mornings tennis and swimming and some Sundays our badminton sessions. Apart from brownies athletics club and swimming on Mondays we cut back on everything for 12 months.

OMG are you serious?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:33 am 

The fun already began in mine, i let ds blast on the play station yesterday, I already ordered the shoe he has been asking me to buy for him and also a phone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:59 am 

The items in the itinerary are my dds choice and not ours and the majority take place in school.

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 am 

many year's ago we held a special bonfire party for my son and his friends burning all of the 11+ practice papers - great fun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:39 am 

Wish we could have done that. We passed our collections amassed over many years on to the next generation in the extended family beginning taking the exams next year.

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:55 am 

KenR wrote:
many year's ago we held a special bonfire party for my son and his friends burning all of the 11+ practice papers - great fun

what a fab idea.
We have help onto ours for now for DD. After she's finished I think I will pinch this idea
x