Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:48 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 am
Posts: 205
Can this be done and if so how do I go about it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm
Posts: 16
Yes if you ring the foundation office you can request a remark. They will remark them before the appeals deadline.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 am
Posts: 205
Is there though a chance that her mark could go down lower.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:47 pm
Posts: 2582
Looking at it logically in any exam appeal your marks can go down as well as up. But like the majority of appeals they are likely to stay the same.
Good Luck in whatever you decide.

_________________
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:42 pm
Posts: 987
Location: Birmingham
There is always a chance but as it is checked twice, it is not likely. Also, before others start calling them to ask for recounts, they will only remark after March offers if you decide to appeal.

I understood your DD did very well in the Walsall exams - congrats!

_________________
UmSusu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 am
Posts: 205
hi UmSus

she did ok in walsall exams she got 320 which is lower than about 10 girls in her class!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:11 pm
Posts: 7
quasimodo wrote:
Looking at it logically in any exam appeal your marks can go down as well as up. But like the majority of appeals they are likely to stay the same.
Good Luck in whatever you decide.


I am curious as to remarking works for 11+ as my son is so borderline for CHB. As a teacher in a local secondary, the number of remarks that are requested for GCSE papers has escalated hugely over the last few years. At GCSE, marks cannot go down when remarks are requested. They sometimes stay the same. This year many went up, often changing the overall grade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:47 pm
Posts: 2582
deputydawg wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
Looking at it logically in any exam appeal your marks can go down as well as up. But like the majority of appeals they are likely to stay the same.
Good Luck in whatever you decide.


I am curious as to remarking works for 11+ as my son is so borderline for CHB. As a teacher in a local secondary, the number of remarks that are requested for GCSE papers has escalated hugely over the last few years. At GCSE, marks cannot go down when remarks are requested. They sometimes stay the same. This year many went up, often changing the overall grade.

I beg to differ at GCSE individual exam marks can go down as well as up. But what schools and parents do is target individual exam papers the majority of appeals are where the candidates are 1 or 2 marks from the next grade boundary. If the remark is successful and the 1 or 2 marks gained then the grade changes. If unsuccessful with no change in marks or a lower mark then no grade change.

_________________
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:11 pm
Posts: 7
quasimodo wrote:
deputydawg wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
Looking at it logically in any exam appeal your marks can go down as well as up. But like the majority of appeals they are likely to stay the same.
Good Luck in whatever you decide.


I am curious as to remarking works for 11+ as my son is so borderline for CHB. As a teacher in a local secondary, the number of remarks that are requested for GCSE papers has escalated hugely over the last few years. At GCSE, marks cannot go down when remarks are requested. They sometimes stay the same. This year many went up, often changing the overall grade.

I beg to differ at GCSE individual exam marks can go down as well as up. But what schools and parents do is target individual exam papers the majority of appeals are where the candidates are 1 or 2 marks from the next grade boundary. If the remark is successful and the 1 or 2 marks gained then the grade changes. If unsuccessful with no change in marks or a lower mark then no grade change.


You are correct quasimodo. We had some amazing remarks this year (17 mark shift upwards on one paper). My confusion is when it the whole cohort that is remarked e.g. AQA - "Grades and marks will not go down for the students in the extended review. We will only change grades and marks that go up. We will also not charge for re-marking these scripts, nor the 10% sample."

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remarking of paper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:48 am
Posts: 251
Not sure just being borderline for CHB is a reason to ask for a remark. Just go to another school and be happy you are not real borderline for any selective school. Otherwise they would be remarking half the papers!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ToadMum and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016