KE Handsworth Girls or Sutton Coldfield Girls?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
skywatch

Re: KE Handsworth Girls or Sutton Coldfield Girls?

Post by skywatch »

HodgeHillDad wrote:No problem skywatch
Good luck for 1st March
I'm sure your DC will thrive at any of the schools mentioned...
Thanks for the kind words.
Wishing best of luck to all the parents and it's really positive that the parents are concerned for the better future of DC, they will always need our supports.

Thanks TurtleGirl I didn't knew that and your guidance is really helpful for me.
Regards
mummycindy

Post by mummycindy »

Hi Crazycrofter
My dd attends SCGSG and absolutely loves it. We live in the South of the City and the daily journey to date has not been a problem. She catches the bus to Five Ways and then the train which run every ten minutes. KEHGSG is nearer but the journey is not as straightforward.
Yes the drive to Sutton during peak time is not the best and I do avoid it. If at any time I need to link up with my dd especially at the end of day I meet her at Five Ways.
Hope this helps :D :D :D
EdgHopefulDad

Post by EdgHopefulDad »

Thanks to all on this thread. Am a newbie to this - and have spent a few hours a day on this forum since Wednesday- sussing out things and deliberating (with DW). Has been really useful.

Just completed the CAF - DD (first born) got 215 so these two schools were our main realistic options (KEIVH maybe via waiting list - SCGSG possibly on offer day...but who knows). DW and DD managed to see KEIVH but not SCGSG, although we have managed to drive to the latter and recce the place a bit, e.g route from station.

Am annoyed the scores came out so late that we couldn't do a proper visit to SCGSG (yeah partly our fault but hey). Anyway we knew a fair few parents and in a way would be equally happy with either, but have ranked KEIVH as slightly better academically (SCGSG better sporting wise it seems but DD not that sporty). However what swung it for us was the logistical aspect, with KEIVH being a much shorter commute for her. I can even do a drop most days as work in the city centre - SCGSG - would be a train journey and total commute of 1 hour I think.

Anyway, once again thanks all.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Thanks everyone! Our daughter was very set on Sutton being her preference, even though we preferred Handsworth, so we've put them in that order. Her score was 218 so I'm hoping she will get Sutton on offer day. I'm pleased that she'll be able to travel by train, as that will give her some independence, which I feel is important as they grown up.

Hope everyone else has been able to make their decisions!
skywatch

Post by skywatch »

crazycrofter wrote:Thanks everyone! Our daughter was very set on Sutton being her preference, even though we preferred Handsworth, so we've put them in that order. Her score was 218 so I'm hoping she will get Sutton on offer day. I'm pleased that she'll be able to travel by train, as that will give her some independence, which I feel is important as they grown up.

Hope everyone else has been able to make their decisions!
Hi
Thanks for your encouraging words as we are not sure how smoothly the transformation from primary to secondary would be.
I put Handsworth Girls as first choice as it's very easy for me to drop ds at Mayfield special school and then dd at Handsworth girls and vice versa.
My second choice is Sutton Girls and third one is camp hill girls, a bit of hassle from going through the city traffic and then QMHS and Handsworth wood girls academy as comprehensive and final one is just to make my daughter happy as her class mates going to Aston Manor.
I'm confident with the score of 240+ & 350+(Walsall) she will get from her first 4 choices.
Best of luck to all the parents and also will say for parents whom DC couldn't get the desired results they wanted that All the children are gifted with unique qualities and they can adapt the situation very well.
whether Grammer or No Grammer always help them support them and encourage them to do well in life.

Regards
FairyDust13

Post by FairyDust13 »

What did you decide HodgeHillDad? :)
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Daughter still favours KE Handsworth, so we have gone with that as 1st choice
We hope her score of 218 will be enough to get offered either KE Handsworth or Sutton Girls
I'd be delighted with either to be honest!
skywatch

Post by skywatch »

HodgeHillDad wrote:Daughter still favours KE Handsworth, so we have gone with that as 1st choice
HodgeHillDad I wish best of luck for your dd and it's very likely that shell get her first school of choice.
please do let us know about the outcome in March.
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

skywatch wrote:
HodgeHillDad wrote:Daughter still favours KE Handsworth, so we have gone with that as 1st choice
HodgeHillDad I wish best of luck for your dd and it's very likely that shell get her first school of choice.
Thank you!
Will do...
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

HodgeHillDad wrote:
skywatch wrote:
I'm pretty confident your dd will get her place. We placed the school second but I'm aware four of my dd's friends are coming to the school. One of whom spoke to the headmistress with her dd's score being 218 who strongly advised her to put it at the top of her preferences if she wanted her dd to go there. From past results you are on pretty safe territory.

Best of luck.
Last edited by quasimodo on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now