Marks in border

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
houseful

Re: Marks in border

Post by houseful »

Nobody can tell but my feeling (which may be wrong as I don't own a crystal ball) is that once 20% of PP children are offered places at FW the score will not go as far as 200.
Still a bit confused :? Um are you saying that you think that 20% of PP places will have been offered before they get as low as 200? Even more worried :(
KenR

Post by KenR »

Still a bit confused :? Um are you saying that you think that 20% of PP places will have been offered before they get as low as 200? Even more worried :(
My guess is that this is correct.

The way the PP works is that that PP applicants have priority for offers (up to 20% of places available) in rank order. If the number of "qualified" applicants is less then 20% of total places, then all applicants who have scored 200 and above will get offered. If more than 20% of PP places have achieved the qualifying score then the places will be offered in rank order.

After the 20% PP places have been allocated, then the remaining 80% of places are filled in rank order until are place are filled.

Don't forget that it is the KE Foundation's expectation that there will be some very scores amongst PP candidates from families that previously hadn't considered KE grammars
houseful

Post by houseful »

My DD scored 202 so I'm really worried that she may not actually get in :(
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

There are 36 places at FW for pp pupils. They have the lowest qualifying score. That's the good news. If there are 36 pp application to FW who score 203 and above you will not get in. If there are only say 25 you will. Sorry, but there is no real data to go on as this is the first year. All you can do is wait. Good luck, at least you have a chance.
Fareeda

Post by Fareeda »

I had a conversation with a friend who's DS received 208, however when they completed the form they did not tick the option for PP and left it out by mistake....so now is her DS able to qualify for PP if they inform the admissions that they are eligible for PP? Unfortunately I couldn't advice as I'm not familiar with the process but was wondering if anyone can provide any information ? Thank you
um

Post by um »

It would be best to ask Bham admissions/the foundation office to clarify that.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Fareeda wrote:I had a conversation with a friend who's DS received 208, however when they completed the form they did not tick the option for PP and left it out by mistake....so now is her DS able to qualify for PP if they inform the admissions that they are eligible for PP? Unfortunately I couldn't advice as I'm not familiar with the process but was wondering if anyone can provide any information ? Thank you
I don't think it should be a problem- you'll just need to show the evidence that you're pp qualified. Like um said check with the foundation office.
mommabigfoot

Post by mommabigfoot »

Hi there.....new to forum....my daughter scored 229 and is worried it's not high enough not to struggle if she's lucky enough to get a place at sutton girls ......does anyone know what the score is out of so we could gauge whether there is any need for concern??...thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now