Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
walsallmum

Re: QMHS or WGHS????

Post by walsallmum »

Hi Staffsdad

yes we think its going to be QMGS

The only thing im slightly concerned with and is bugging me is their dip in results from 98% in 2012 to 96% in 2013 and 92% in 2014
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

walsallmum wrote:Hi Staffsdad

yes we think its going to be QMGS

The only thing im slightly concerned with and is bugging me is their dip in results from 98% in 2012 to 96% in 2013 and 92% in 2014
Your choice of QMHS for your dd sounds hesitant.Walsallmum you are a teacher all things being equal you will have visited the schools go with your instincts and where you think the teaching will be best.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

quasi its not just the teaching its also the atmosphere and how the girls interact with each other. I've heard there is a lot of competition between girls at WGHS which can be unfriendly. although every child's experience will be different so im taking that with a pinch of salt
Staffsdad

Post by Staffsdad »

walsallmum wrote:quasi its not just the teaching its also the atmosphere and how the girls interact with each other. I've heard there is a lot of competition between girls at WGHS which can be unfriendly. although every child's experience will be different so im taking that with a pinch of salt
It's not been our experience. In fact entirely the opposite with girls being very supportive of each other. The school certainly encourages that approach.

It does of course depend on individual experiences. I don't believe stories like that relate to the institution so much as personalities. I think you will find that at any school. One girl we knew with a choice between two good schools finally chose one and was bullied mercilessly. No one could have anticipated this beforehand, the school did all they could and has an excellent reputation.

I really don't think there is much difference between the girls at WGHS and QMGS. I suspect you will find some at both schools are highly competitive individuals. They have all been selected through a competitive process after all. Some will be thoughtful and caring, others less so.

Having said that I have no doubt that QMHS is an excellent choice. You will obviously make some on the WGHS waiting list very happy.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now