Waiting List Status 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SCmum

Re: Waiting List Status 2015

Post by SCmum »

I'm new to this forum but have been following many posts with interest since last September when my DD took her 11+. She was offered a place at Sutton Girls last Tuesday with a score of 212. She was 55th on the waiting list on March 1st. However she is so happy and settled at Queen Mary's that she has decided to stay there despite us living in SC. A tough decision but, as has already been stated, the offer came just a little too late.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Hi SC, what is your detailed view of Queen Mary. I am presuming very high based on what you had said. As DD did 11+ on 1st of July, we think she has a more realistic chance of that, rather King Edwards, and we would have a commute on our hands, if she was lucky enough to get offered a place there.

I am surprised about places being offered this late in the day
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Interesting to see the difference in how far down the waiting lists moved. The daughter of a friend of ours was on the FW waiting list but by the time the offer came (in July I think), they had decided that she would go to the excellent comprehensive down the road so declined it. I suspect that those schools with fewer good options locally find a more enthusiastic take up from the waiting lists.
SCmum

Post by SCmum »

Hi Petitpois

My initial impression of Queen Mary's was that it was a 'nice' school but a long way for my DD to travel and Sutton Girls is on our doorstep. However, from the induction process to my DD first 2 weeks I have been blown away by QM! It is a small 4 form entry school which not only prides itself on great academic success but also on being one big family and that is certainly the impression I have had so far. Everyone from the teachers to the current girls, from the sixth form down, have all gone out of their way to make my DD feel welcome and she feels like part of the family now. I obviously can't comment on SG as my daughter has no experience there but she is so happy at QM that it was too big a gamble to move her now. The only comparison I could personally make when the offer came last week was the distance but my DD is loving the independence of getting the bus with her friends- at the moment! One of her year 7 friends who also lives in SC was also offered a place at SG after my DD but she has also declined as she is so happy at QM!

(sorry if I have posted this twice but I can't see that my initial reply has been posted and am not sure what I'm doing on this forum yet!)
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Very surprised that offers for SCGSG have gone down to at least 57th on wait list now. Even more surprised that still 212 needed,so 1st to 57th on offers day all within 4 points! So close!!!
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Quick question on the waiting list for 2015 entry.

A friend of mine wants to know her son's current position on the CHB waiting list (following information on here that offers are still going out). She phoned up the FO and was told that, as the results for 2016 entry are imminent, they aren't answering calls to parents for the next week or so!

What's the best way of finding out her son's position? Is it the FO or the school itself?
MSD

Post by MSD »

Hi Moseleymum,

I have no idea whom you would contact, but someone posted on another thread last week that a boy with 236 was offered CHB.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Thanks for the reply MSD.

Her son is also on 236 (as I'm sure other boys are too). She really wants to know where he is on the WL as they live close to the school.

If phoning the FO is out, then is it a case of phoning the school directly or waiting for a letter/phone call from them ? I thought the FO operated the waiting list until December so seems a little unfair they won't take her call.
MSD

Post by MSD »

School authorities really need to look at ways to publish this sort of info on their web page. I guess a page where you enter the candidate number and it just tells you where currently the child is on waiting list.

I would extend this to publishing 11+ results as well. It cuts all the unnecessary paperwork and posting costs.

All the best to your friend's son.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now