Wait list for KEFW

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HarborneDad

Re: Wait list for KEFW

Post by HarborneDad »

My DS was 14th on the waiting list on offers day and on Friday he had moved up to number 2. Finally yesterday afternoon we received the phone call we had been hoping for and he was offered a place. I know it a stressful time, so good luck to everyone still waiting.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

quasimodo wrote:
Happy dad wrote:I don't know, a word from the Almighty never goes amiss :D
Lets not go there its a whole new debate. Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens et al !!!!!!

I know which side of the debate I fall in believing in rational and scientific thought. Lets stick to the thread.

I will continue to post what I like, if that's OK with you :roll:
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Happy dad wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
Lets not go there its a whole new debate. Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens et al !!!!!!

I know which side of the debate I fall in believing in rational and scientific thought. Lets stick to the thread.

I will continue to post what I like, if that's OK with you :roll:
I wasn't trying to be offensive but trying to stay true to the rules of the forum. No offence was intended. It reminds me of the advice given to me on a train when I was a naïve 17 year old by a very elderly lady who told me never to discuss religion or politics as it always leads to a lot of hot air and nobody ever agrees and people getting upset.

3. Staying on topic is a courtesy to the Original Poster. Threads that go off topic may be split, edited, or locked. Posters who persistently go off topic will receive a warning from a moderator.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Quasimodo is correct, please stick to the topic in hand. Once topics start in religious debate, it usually doesn't go well and ends up with the topic being locked or even removed.
I'm sure none of you including the OP want that.

Tinkers
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

HarborneDad wrote:My DS was 14th on the waiting list on offers day and on Friday he had moved up to number 2. Finally yesterday afternoon we received the phone call we had been hoping for and he was offered a place. I know it a stressful time, so good luck to everyone still waiting.
Congratulations, you must be over the moon. What score did your DS get?
HarborneDad

Post by HarborneDad »

He scored 230.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

I think you are being a wee bit hard on happy dad. threads go off all the time. Witness the number over time which have morphed into a debate about pupil premium. The poster who want to vent their feelings about this were quite happy to indulge themselves and I don't recall any "stay on thread" pleas then.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Of course threads should stay on topic but they often don't.

The original comment was off topic i.e not related to KEFW :
nervousmom wrote:(The closest we got from the teacher at recent parents evening was she was gifted and talented at R.E, not much help in the 11+!!!!) :lol:
I thought the response was a joke related to the R.E comment :
Simple as that, a joke, which lead to a bit of an overreaction:
quasimodo wrote: Lets not go there its a whole new debate. Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens et al !!!!!!

And a Mod getting involved :?:
rabbie burns wrote:I think you are being a wee bit hard on happy dad. threads go off all the time. Witness the number over time which have morphed into a debate about pupil premium. The poster who want to vent their feelings about this were quite happy to indulge themselves and I don't recall any "stay on thread" pleas then.
Yes, I agree, let's stay on topic bit a bit of a fuss about nothing.

The KEFW waiting list seems to be moving along nicely.

Congratulations to all those with places.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now