theinquisitor

WHO IS KENR

Post by theinquisitor »

I would like to know who is kenr.
Are you a teacher or a tutor?
Sham

Post by Sham »

Hi

KenR, is a parent who has been through the whole ordeal and has been more than helpfull in relieving stress and anxiety for parents like me.

He is a STAR.

Thank you for all the help and support Ken.

Sham
Andy

Post by Andy »

KenR, is an empathic guy who has continued to help people on this site, he has certainly helped me several times and I always look forward to reading his worthy comments.

THANKS KenR
KenR

Post by KenR »

It's sad that some people always seem to think the worst.

Let me put the record straight.

I am not teacher or a tutor, just a parent whose children have already gone through the Birmingham 11+ system - my youngest child managed to pass the KE 11+ plus last year. I have no personal interest in this years or future years KE exams but I see no problem in sharing information and advice to other parents which is in the public domain. That is what this site is all about.

While my children were preparing for the 11+ exams I did a lot of research and I also used this site , e-papers and forum extensively. All of the information I obtained was by entirely legal and legitimate means - for example, I applied under the Freedom of Information Act to the KE Foundation for details about previous years exam results and Standardisation scores which they supplied to me. This facility is available to all parents in the West Midlands if they bothered to formally write. (As an aside I have also recommended by email to the LEA and KE that they publish the standardised scores for previous years on the internet in the same way a KS2 results are published, as I think that would be helpful to future parents - I don't like the idea that some Tutored children may be at an advantage)

I just happen to think that it's wrong that Birmingham and the KE Foundation are so secretive about the content of the exam, particularly when there are so many children being tutored in the area.

Let me be absolutely clear, I have no idea what was in Saturday's exam paper and have made no postings on the subject.

Yours Disappointed of Birmingham!
KE Mum

Post by KE Mum »

Ken - they have got it in for you!

I have to thank you for the information you got under the Freedom of Information act last year, because it helped me to keep things in perspective. I always felt that it was difficult to get 100% score in a totally unknown test, but was always being told that I was wrong and that other children were all geniuses. Your posts helped me to see that, actually, the children were all in the same boat and if one found it hard, so did all the rest.

I think the secretiveness thing is wrong too, because it encourages mischief makers to worry people more than they are already worried and hope that the Foundation will eventually become more open. I suspect though they are keeping it secret so that some of the private schools cannot prep their children for the test in the way that they used to when they used NFER. Again I don't know all of this and am just speculating.
Sham

Post by Sham »

Ken,

Don't be dissapointed with one persons spiteful comments, the majority of users on this forum are very thankfull for your insight.

I respect you for all the helpful information you have given me and others, eventhough your child had already taken the test last year...you still went out of your way helping others and answering our questions. I cant tell you how relieved I was after reading your helpful words it helped me so much to prepare for the test. I was much calmer and not as worried and its all thanks to you.

I hope you carry on writing on this forum and dont let 1 person get you down. You are very academicaly minded and I always look forward to reading your wise words.

Kind regards
Sham
marg

marg

Post by marg »

Well I'd like to thank Ken R for all the help and advice he has given us in the past year.After getting so much help and advice from youself and KE mum I thought I should at least give something back to the forum.I am sorry if I confused some parents in the process.I like Ken have no more children to prepare for the 11 plus.
Thanks alot again Ken for all your help and I would just ignore such stupid comments.

Post by Guest »

I would also like to comment that KenR's postings are nothing but helpful and how kind of him to give people his time and help them through a stressful time. I believe he does this because he's been there and knows how it feels and would just like to try and alay others stresses and fears by passing on his knowledge and wisdom!

I also have found out lots of information regarding the 11+ in our area just by doing internet searches, contacting the admissions office and reading this forum, it's not difficult when you put your mind to it.

KenR, I think that the majority of people have nothing but appreciation for your helpfulness and kindness, some people just like to stir up trouble - they're best ignored!
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

If anyone wishes to question KenRs motives for his postings and advice they can only possibly find them altruistic.

A person who has gone through the system meticulously and only wants to share his experience and offer his advice to other parents.

I am sure that many people in Birmingham and elsewhere have benefitted from the advice and support KenR has given them on this forum.

Mike
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Ken

You have my absolute, total support too!

Shame EVERY area of the forum does not have a Ken [ and KE mum ]

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now