Adams transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
onebigdilemma

Adams transport

Post by onebigdilemma »

So with my son being offered a place off the waiting list it appears our chance of getting a place on one of the school buses is very slim. Does anyone know of any car shares in or around Perton where I would be able to help out on a Monday/Friday or carshares from Shifnal, where due to dropping other child at school couldn't help with transporting children but could obviously contribute towards costs.

Why do things never run smoothly!
Wolves mum

Re: Adams transport

Post by Wolves mum »

have you applied for all the bus routes?
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Form states circle ONE CHOICE !!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

onebigdilemma wrote:So with my son being offered a place off the waiting list it appears our chance of getting a place on one of the school buses is very slim. Does anyone know of any car shares in or around Perton where I would be able to help out on a Monday/Friday or carshares from Shifnal, where due to dropping other child at school couldn't help with transporting children but could obviously contribute towards costs.

Remaining positive is key. You've done the hard part by getting the offer.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Thanks quasimodo, I am feeling very deflated and that may have to give up place due to transport issues. Public transport takes about 1 hour 15 each way and this just seems too long to me to ask of an 11 year old.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

onebigdilemma wrote:So with my son being offered a place off the waiting list it appears our chance of getting a place on one of the school buses is very slim. Does anyone know of any car shares in or around Perton where I would be able to help out on a Monday/Friday or carshares from Shifnal, where due to dropping other child at school couldn't help with transporting children but could obviously contribute towards costs.

Sorry, no help with transport - but wanted to say congrats on getting the place! How is his brother taking the news? Are they ok with the prospect of different schools? I hope it all works out well for you all (fellow twins mum here...)
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Thank you. His brother is fine, in fact neither seem to mind about being split although the one with a grammar place says he prefers the comprehensive.....Got to make the decision by Monday as to what to choose, it is a family trait, being indecisive!!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

onebigdilemma wrote:Thanks quasimodo, I am feeling very deflated and that may have to give up place due to transport issues. Public transport takes about 1 hour 15 each way and this just seems too long to me to ask of an 11 year old.
I don't know anything about the school but had a quick look at its website and I was impressed by its gcse results particularly in 2014.You know where there is a will there is a way. Sometimes you have to battle for what you want . :D

Your son and you have worked so hard to get here.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

fingers crossed you will get a bus place lots of 6th formers get the bus ring the school and say you are flexible about bus routes.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

onebigdilemma wrote:Thanks quasimodo, I am feeling very deflated and that may have to give up place due to transport issues. Public transport takes about 1 hour 15 each way and this just seems too long to me to ask of an 11 year old.
The same issue arose for us last year - another hurdle to get over :( I am not aware there is a waiting list for the buses so it may be worth ringing school and seeing if there is over-subscription for the Wolves routes or if aware of any car share running. Of course with the likelihood of more boys from within catchment going forward this may relieve any pressure on school buses, so the issue may only arise for a year which I appreciate is a lot but may not be insurmountable. It really would be a shame to give up such a wonderful school owing to transport issues.

I know 75 minutes sound a long time but our son leaves home at 7.25 to get the Adams' bus at 7.50 to arrive at 8.30 for school, so not much shorter than your journey.

as an aside if the Year 9s don't improve their behaviour on Wolves 1 we may be setting up a car sharing scheme ourselves :evil:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now