Adams Catchment Area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tvgirl

Adams Catchment Area

Post by tvgirl »

Morning All,

I'm just wondering whether any of you 11+ aficionados have any information as to whether the introduction of a catchment area this year has had any impact on applications? Did more or fewer people from within catchment apply? Is there any info on how many places might go to catchment area kids (I appreciate that one is probably too early to answer!)?

All I can say is that the were such a huge number of children taking the test that for someone who lives 10 minutes from school but outside catchment it's almost impossible to work out how many places my son might be 'fighting' over!
ToadMum

Re: Adams Catchment Area

Post by ToadMum »

Wasn't there an earlier thread about boys who were registered to take the test at another school being redirected to Adams? Given some of the distances mentioned I assume that at least some of the boys there on the test day will not actually be putting the school first on their CAF, if at all?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
um

Post by um »

I know boys who travelled to Adams from Solihull to take the test - and while there, they met boys from London :shock:
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

Unfortunately because Adams do their test so early it does se to get used as a mock by some, so it really get skewed. I'm just stressing about falling JUST outside the catchment area and how much impact it really is likely to have!! I hope we're not all trying to get just one or two places between us!!
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

I guess the answer is to try not to stress because you won't know until Offers Day. As you are applying for a selective school, you need a good plan B anyway because anyone can have an off day on test day.