Bob1892

Re: Very quiet in Brum.......4 weeks to go

Post by Bob1892 »

Slight edit to title: ....3 weeks to go! Yikes :shock:
How are others holding up???
happymom1

Post by happymom1 »

I am going crazy with nervousness but dd is okay. Trying to not let her know. Everyday gives her more time to relax thinking of kick starting the next day. Dreading 12th. Sorry me in a bad condition. First time doing it maybe that's why
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

It doesn't get any easier with subsequent dcs believe me- I'm sure there's a lot of other dps out there who'll agree with me!
happymom1

Post by happymom1 »

:| Yeah maybe. Kids are REALLY hard work. But after 12th getting our freedom back. Yay. Anybody received any correspondence regarding the exact venue and time of exam and the id. We didn't get any. Thanks
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Most likely we'll get it at the end of the week. That in itself is a nerve jangling moment- a realisation that the test is literally round the corner.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Bob1892 wrote:It doesn't get any easier with subsequent dcs believe me- I'm sure there's a lot of other dps out there who'll agree with me!
Definitely agree with that Bob, wish I could say it was easier. The nerves are definitely kicking in now. Soooo looking forward to the 13th September :lol:

Does anyone get their DC a present for just before the exam? We bought DS1 a watch that we handed him as he went it. I know this has the potential to distract them from the exam but it also distracts them from how nervous they're feeling too (and helps with timekeeping of course!). Just ordered DC2's so it feels like it's getting really close now.

No sign of venue paperwork yet - expecting it sometime this coming week.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

It certainly doesn't get easier with the second. In fact, it feels worse to me!

According to Warwickshire site our letters will come out from tomorrow regarding testing venues.

We didnt buy our DS anything before the exam, but if he did well we would buy him an Xbox! We got the results in the October and bought his Xbox shortly after.

Our DD has been promised a mobile phone if she does well.

Nothing like a bit of bribery!

After a week of doing nothing whilst we were away, DD will now have to get her head down and do a some work. She's doing a week revision course this week, so hopefully that will help her and get her head in the right place again.
um

Post by um »

That reminds me of ds2 requesting a tuna crunch baguette, Walker's crisps, some special 'energy' drink from Waitrose and a custard doughnut for his exam.
It was like a 'last meal' request :lol: . We got it all ready the evening before.
Fortunately it worked as he's starting Yr 10 now at KECH. Although I wouldn't really recommend it if your dc suffers from nausea. This is a boy who appreciates his food :P
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

A week in the Canaries for us if we get through - otherwise half term spent in Brum :cry:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

We always said that if our boys did their best and put the effort in then we would reward that, as we couldn't ask for anything more - we never said that they would get something if they "did well" as we felt that was additional pressure they didn't need and would underline the "failure" if they didn't do well, which could be massively detrimental to their self esteem. Worked for us, twice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now