Very quiet in Brum.......4 weeks to go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bob1892

Re: Very quiet in Brum.......4 weeks to go

Post by Bob1892 »

cooljsn wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:
tiredmama wrote:My dd said this test was harder than Walsall. She generally was better in maths than English, but walked out saying she thought she did better in English part of the test. she hasn't managed to finish all the maths questions because of time. she said she knew what to do just didn't have time. I am still very proud of her as we pretty much self prepared. didn't have a tutor with amazing pass rates and so on, and I am pleased that she said she did her best and there was nothing more she could have done.
Don't worry too much- it's common to miss out questions in a cem test.
Been asking around and apparently all their dc's missed questions - some upto 20 questions. My own dd missed 28 out 3 years ago and still managed 240+
I've yet to meet someone who managed to answer all the questions. Mind you answering them all is one thing but getting them right is another.
I am worried now. My DD said it is easier than walsall exam and she easily managed to complete all.
I asked her atleast 5 - 6 times if there is a possibility that she missed out few pages :?
Longest 4 hours of my life.
The trouble with an 'easy' paper is that (& I stand corrected here) is that the SD score tumbles somewhat.
Or put it another way - a much higher % raw score is required for a particular SD score.
I would love to see the variables that cem compute to come up with their standardising - it must be quite complex ( maybe a forumite out there can explain how some variables affect the Sd scores).
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

All sounds very complicated to me :?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

nervousmom wrote:All sounds very complicated to me :?
Sorry to complicate things NM.
Once we get the QMGS results in less than 3 weeks I'd be able to tell whether this formula works - if not I'll be confused as everyone else :oops:
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I should re-title this thread to ' not so quiet in brum......4 weeks to go (for results) :D
Just trying to lighten up things a little after these last few tumultuous days.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now