PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT post details of test content

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tolstoy

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT post details of test content

Post by Tolstoy »

Same in Bucks 50% VR, 30% NR and only 20% NVR.

I would love to see their statistics to prove the claim they are making.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

guest201 wrote:The type of questions that appear in the VR section of CEM tests seem to clearly favour eloquent English as a first language children, and the weighting given to VR in the results in Warks and Brum 50% also seems to favour said children.
The move from 33% each to the current weightings has been a move strongly favoured by the KE schools in the last few years.
The schools have long been saying (& I stand corrected here) that the command of English has been disappointing in SOME dc over the last few years & it was something they wanted to address - I don't think it is more 'political' than that - as it has been refuted previously.
Amarstone

Post by Amarstone »

guest201 wrote:The type of questions that appear in the VR section of CEM tests seem to clearly favour eloquent English as a first language children, and the weighting given to VR in the results in Warks and Brum 50% also seems to favour said children.
Maybe, but I know quite a few students for whom English is a second language whose eloquence puts children with English as a first language to shame. In some cases the students have only been speaking English for a few years yet achieve highly in literacy as they are committed to doing well and want to speak English as competently as their first language.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Thanks guys for not posting info on the forum about the test content (bar a couple of unintentional mishaps) :)
Late sitting apparently this Monday at Rose Hill - still keep things under your hat after this date - late sitting right upto next January I believe.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

3 years ago a Russian lad came to my DD school and he could not speak any English at all.

He started Alcester Grammar School a couple of weeks ago!
DGM

Post by DGM »

Bob1892 wrote:Thanks guys for not posting info on the forum about the test content (bar a couple of unintentional mishaps) :)
Late sitting apparently this Monday at Rose Hill - still keep things under your hat after this date - late sitting right upto next January I believe.
Hi all, am I right in saying that even though the results will be out this next week, it is still very important not to give out, or hint at, test content in any way at all?

I am thinking that, although it may genuinely not seem important to anyone whose DC achieves (next week) a score sufficient to guarantee their GS place, it will matter to all those whose place will remain in question right up to March. Does that sound right?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I think test content needs to be kept private until next years sitters take their tests. It is obvious that CEM are using the same tests for multiple areas. Each area will have it's own rules on late sitters. In Bucks (possibly a different test but a good example because we know what happens there re late sitters) the same test is used right up until August.
DGM

Post by DGM »

Yes, that means the consequences extend even beyond our own region.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

DGM wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:Thanks guys for not posting info on the forum about the test content (bar a couple of unintentional mishaps) :)
Hi all, am I right in saying that even though the results will be out this next week, it is still very important not to give out, or hint at, test content in any way at all?

I am thinking that, although it may genuinely not seem important to anyone whose DC achieves (next week) a score sufficient to guarantee their GS place, it will matter to all those whose place will remain in question right up to March. Does that sound right?
You're spot on DGM!
Keep it under your hat until end of next January. THEN feel free to post to KenR if you want. I wouldn't suggest anyone posts info of test till march allocations are done and dusted.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Bob as I explainee in my previous post even after March DC may well be sitting that test in other areas so please do not post content until September next year when the new test rounds have started. :)