Breach of rules at Sheldon and five ways Birmingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bob1892

Re: Breach of rules at Sheldon and five ways Birmingham

Post by Bob1892 »

This is amongst the saddest story that I've ever heard regarding the 11+ (dc crying, DPs shouting, swearing, security getting involved etc). :cry:
One of the DPs whose child was very upset has decided not even to do the late test as their dc is still highly distressed. :cry: :cry:
DPs should get a grip - dc are highly anxious anyway.
For future reference: if you're in the queue then you just have to be patient - you will not be considered as late.
sparky_lb

Post by sparky_lb »

It was 'an experience' to say the very least. Very unnerving for all concerned (unfortunately some more than others).

Like you said Bob very sad indeed :cry:
khanji17

Post by khanji17 »

It was a horrible experience at Sheldon centre, to start with everyone was in the queue nicely. Towards the end the school staff started calling people who were at the front of the queue and DP's started jumping the queue and all of a sudden there was no queue and everyone was trying to get in through just 1 door at the same time.

My DD had a classmate with her and when we had to wave them goodbye from outside, there was so much pushing and shoving that he got very upset and started crying and telling his dad that he doesn't want to do the test anymore. My DD was already anxious about the test and she kept on asking me what happened to her friend. I was trying to tell her from far away that everything is alright as I didn't want her to get upset.

When she came out of the exam she said that one of the girls fell on the steps on the way to their test rooms, DD didn't know the girl and still asked her to wait and went off to find some staff as her knee was bleeding, DD was told to take her to the toilet and clean with the tissue and then head to her test room.

This wasn't what I was expecting from the management on the day of the test, when DC were already stressed and nervous. Results will tell how did my DD and her friend do in the end!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I have just read this post and find it totally amazing that some people choose to behave in this manner.

If its one thing we are good at in this country, usually, is queuing in an orderly fashion and patiently waiting for our turn.

Did these parents honestly think the exam would start without their DC.

These people should be totally ashamed of their behaviour.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

When she came out of the exam she said that one of the girls fell on the steps on the way to their test rooms, DD didn't know the girl and still asked her to wait and went off to find some staff as her knee was bleeding, DD was told to take her to the toilet and clean with the tissue and then head to her test room
That was also out of order. The member of staff who she reported it to should have taken over. It was not your DD's responsibility to carry out first aid, once those DC left their parents they become the responsibility of the school and their staff.